Airfix Typhoon - Cockpit Upgrade

airscale

I know, it's a brand new kit that is waiting to hit the shelves so I leave you to decide what you need when the time comes..

NewTiff1_zps73a33e85.jpg

very, very proud of this upgrade set and trust me, when you get this kit in your hands it is a melt on the spot moment..

Peter

• 3 weeks later...

evening all..

like just about everyone else I am so looking forward to the Typhoon's release.. :clap2:

As we stand I know two things..

1) Hornby say the general release date is the 21st July, but are feeding retailers before then so likely some 'early birds' out there

2) We will be retailing our new upgrade set on 6th August onwards

I wish we were tied to the release date in July, but unfortunately as Airfix slipped the date from early June it landed exactly when we were out of the country for a few weeks so 6th August it is..

It is easy to pre-register and I am sure what we have in store will be well received :D

..IMHO the kit, (and our new cockpit decals) are spectacularly beautiful and well rendered, so - enjoy

with thanks to Airfix for their LSP beating heart..

Peter

Were there errors in the release? I'm just wondering if this corrects some issues as well as being more comprehensive.

Not in terms of the plastic in the cockpit no, it is exquisitely and accurately detailed..

..I have not seen the kit IP decals yet, but have been told by a few reviewers that have seen the decals (after the early kit only test shots) that help was needed, so thought our hat should be in the ring. In addition the kit does not have ALL the placards and ALL the instruments made bespoke in high resolution and full colour as this new airscale set does..

..I can't wait.. :frantic:

Peter

• 2 weeks later...

hi gang,

review samples are out or on their way to the great and the good (including our Kev out in Oz) :frantic:

I have added a pre-order page to the store so orders can be dispatched as soon as we are back in the UK on 9th August - just click the image below..

NewTiff1_zps73a33e85.jpg

happy Typhoonery...

Peter

• 2 weeks later...

airscalelaunch_zps884a7835.jpg

hi folks :)

the new airscale Typhoon set is OUT NOW!

the largest of these dials is 3.8mm wide and the placards will let you get a feel for the 'pit - pretty proud at how they turned out..

PROD3_zps336bd726.jpg

PROD2_zps2bf92bbe.jpg

PROD1_zps0cb84abc.jpg

All pre-orders are on their way to their expectant owners and I am really looking forward to seeing these 'in action'

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Hi Peter

Thanks for the heads up. Just received an email form PayPal, my set was shipped.

Peter

Edited by Peterpools