Fisher 1/32 Ryan STM-2

LSP_Kevin

Guest Peterpools

Kev

Your Ryan is looking fantastic and there always seems to be something to fix or touch up. Removing the paint on the decal could be a bit tricky as any solvents might attack the decal inks. What type of paint did you use?

Nice work on the white balance and it's always the the key and the first adjustment to make in post production.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

Thanks lads. It looks a bit grungy in my close-up shots, but should clean up OK after the final flat coat. I used Tamiya flat white for the roundel touch-ups, so a cotton bud and some Windex has helped reduce the problem area. I'll give it a light sand with a polishing stick as well before trying another re-spray. Right now though, time for bed!

Kev

Kev

Looking forward to the next update - I have my fingers crossed

Peter

And here it is Peter! I've resprayed the whites on both fuselage roundels. First, I removed the fringe at the top of the port side one:

Os5uul.jpg

Then, I attempted to fix up the starboard side:

QIJ1lJ.jpg

Well, the cracks are mostly gone, but I've introduced the same fringing that was on the other side, plus, destroyed the fuselage code decal! I can live with the fringing, as it's nowhere near as visible in person anyway, but I'll have to fix that code number. Brent, can I prevail upon you for one of your spares? :please:

Kev

If worse comes to worse Kev I could even send you one from mine, as I know Ill be doing one of the yellow wing birds, or a Dutch version.

I know it wouldn't be practical time wise, but if you need it...........

Thanks Brian, but it looks like Brent has me covered. Offer much appreciated however!

No dramas Kev, public hol in Brisvegas mon but will express post them on Tue

Thanks Brent - lifesaver! No hurry though, as I won't get much more done in the next few days anyway, and there are other things to work on.

Kev