AMS Resin A-10C mini conversion progress.

Harold

Hey guys, just recieved the A-10C set from Harold. As usual, it's great. The detail on the IP is excellent and the fit of the new glare shield is perfect. Harold told me is refining the antenna that is on the spine, but I thought it looked great. Highly recommended!

Chuck

Is there anything else which needs to be done to the kit to make it a "C" besides this set?

The most obvious changes are internal.

I have included the AFSATCOM Have-Quick radio system, “T†antenna that sits aft of the GPS saucer.

Thierry Laurent did a very comprehensive review of and fixes for the Trumpy kit.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Thierry+Laurent%2C+a-10+warthog&oq=Thierry+Laurent%2C+a-10+warthog&aqs=chrome..69i57.12071j0j8&client=ubuntu-browser&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=125&ie=UTF-8

You will have to use an after market 'pit set. I used the TD set as the basis for the resin.

I checked the Verilindin and CE sets, both will work as well.

Only minor fitting on all of them.

The main work will be cutting out, for fitting of the glare shield and IP.

Edited by Harold

Starting to warm to the idea of a toothed Hog, one day, with all this stuff making it possible.

Great aircraft.

Wondering how good the Squadron vac canopy is? The kit parts are a dog I'm told.

Any chance of venturing into clear resin Harold?

The venerable Tamiya F-4 could also use clear castings with canopy frame and glazing as one part.

Just an idea to keep you distracted during the baby shower.

Tony

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Smitty44

Just when I thought I was done with 1/32 A-10's!! Hey Harold I am told you used to reside here in Redding, this true?

Just when I thought I was done with 1/32 A-10's!! Hey Harold I am told you used to reside here in Redding, this true?

Yes I did. For 13 years.

I moved about 8 years ago.

My wife's kids and sister still live there. We were there a week or so ago.

Any news update on this Harold? I'm in for an A-10C cockpit.

And would it be appropriate for the Arkansas Razorbacks scheme?

http://www.caracalmodels.com/cd32007.html

Cheers

Tony

I have a couple cast right now. I can do a few for LPSers before they go to Sprue. I am behind on my re-stock, so I am holding off on any new items going to retail.

Let me know.

Harold

Guest Smitty44

Yes I did. For 13 years.

Crazy, small world huh? Ya kinda hard to spray acrylics here in the summer unless you get up real early!

Yes I did. For 13 years.

I belonged to the Redding DAMBusters club. (I think it is called something else now) I was the prez for a couple of years.

Guest Smitty44

I belonged to the Redding DAMBusters club. (I think it is called something else now) I was the prez for a couple of years.

No it still remains, but now there are two here because of some personality conflicts.