Trumpeter A-4E in USMC VMA 211 Wake Island Avenger

hot damn, looking AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have the same markings on my Zotz sheet, I'm assuming that's what decals you are using?

Sorry for taking so long to answer, yes these are the Zotzdecals. I was really tempted by the other two options, as they are very colorful builds. I've been working on the build, did the decals and dullcoat over everything, will start to weather and assemble now. Some pics for the day

Always dread this part, never had it go bad but there's always a first time. This is Flory Models Dark Dirt wash, stuff always works great.

IMG_3578_zps4350e4e6.jpg

IMG_3584_zps733a0d71.jpg

IMG_3586_zps5afb67eb.jpg

IMG_3587_zps8cde8790.jpg

IMG_3590_zpscd0288da.jpg

IMG_3591_zps1f916e8f.jpg

Don

DAYUM!!!!!!!!  :yahoo:  That's awesome looking Don!   I know what ya mean about wash's, but that worked out perfectly it looks like! 

Keep up the great ( and I mean great) work!  When you get this one done you could always build another scooter from the left over decals! Have you given thought to doing another plane for the Group Build? 

Paul

DAYUM!!!!!!!!  :yahoo:  That's awesome looking Don!   I know what ya mean about wash's, but that worked out perfectly it looks like! 

Keep up the great ( and I mean great) work!  When you get this one done you could always build another scooter from the left over decals! Have you given thought to doing another plane for the Group Build? 

Paul

Thanks Paul!! I've been thinking about doing a Bearcat maybe. Finding decals seem to be a bit of a problem, the kit ones are for the Viet war era. I also have some decals from Victory Productions for Marine F-8E Crusaders, i would have to buy a kit for that build.

Don

Now this really annoys me. Followed the placement guide for the "Marines" decal referencing it to the stars n bars. BIG MISTAKE!!!! It should be further forward, is partially covered by the horizontal stab. Too late to fix, what a PAIN!!!

IMG_3671_zpse87106bf.jpg

Don

Looks great Don. I wouldnt worry about the placement of the decal to much. If it really annoys you enough though you can always ask one of us for replacements, I get old decals off with low tac blue tape and then replace them. the gloss coat underneath is usually still intact , then spay a bit more a bit forward  and you can just apply the new decal right over the spot and dullcoat. I think it looks fine. but at least you have the option.

Keep up the great work!

Paul 

Looks great Don. I wouldnt worry about the placement of the decal to much. If it really annoys you enough though you can always ask one of us for replacements, I get old decals off with low tac blue tape and then replace them. the gloss coat underneath is usually still intact , then spay a bit more a bit forward  and you can just apply the new decal right over the spot and dullcoat. I think it looks fine. but at least you have the option.

Keep up the great work!

Paul 

Thanks for the feedback, guys!! I'm going to leave the decal alone, i've had this happen before and the cure came out worse than the problem. Spent the afternoon and evening assembling stuff, going to stop here for the night. It's mostly small stuff now, hopefully should be done mid/end of week. One pic for the night.

IMG_3675_zps2a74ed94.jpg

Don

Edited by dmthamade