Revell / AIMs 1/32 Junkers Ju188 E2 – Aeronavále 10.S.10

airscale

evening ladies...

been a while since I have had any time at the bench (as I have been working on a real beauty decal set for the new 1/24 Airfix Typhoon..) but today got a little bit done..

...can't believe it's a month since my last post - where does the time go?

...anyways..I had made some of the sidewall instrument panels and wanted to get the instruments kinda lined up now while they were still flat - so a scrap bit of card was used with the appropriate Luftwaffe 1/32 dials...

WIP063_zps3d1f83c3.jpg

..then built it up into the console found in my references...

WIP064_zps973afe19.jpg

..also built up the sidewall and other areas...

WIP065_zps64d57d5e.jpg

..and a dry fit to get the depth right...

WIP066_zpsec8a3662.jpg

..I used some stiff brass as the basis for the upper panel above the pull-down seat...

WIP067_zpsfac825af.jpg

..and again laid out the correct instruments to match my references..

WIP068_zps20b0219a.jpg

..after carefully glazing the panels I had an assembly I was happy with...

WIP069_zps0877e4cc.jpg

..and another dry-fit - still got more glazing & work to do..

WIP072_zpsc07397a0.jpg

WIP071_zpsc09c3965.jpg

WIP072_zpsc07397a0.jpg

..next up the fold down seat...

until then TTFN

Peter

• 1 month later...

Peter!

What has been going on!  Just wondered where this build had gone off to.

Am I going to have to start posting the work I have been doing on my Ju 88 A1 to inspire more on this??   :fight:

Anyway, just checking in.

thank you chaps for stopping by, I wish I could get more done..

trying to do a bit on the DH Hornet, a bit on this lovely Ju188 and have got a fab new decal set for the 1/24 Typhoon ready & in print for the end of the month. Oh, and launching a new 'responsive' website more suited for our strategic future with mobile devices etc. Throw in the day job in the city and I actually start to wonder if I have the time to do anything at all properly (except bring wonderful cockpit decals to market :whistle: )..

..promise I am in for the long haul, just trying to manage life and not get distracted by all the modelling cheques my life won't let me cash..

the 188 will be back soon...  in the meantime, I would love to see what you have done with your A1 - if it is anywhere near as well researched & executed as your Siemens Schuckert we are in for a bigger treat than I can come up with!

Peter

thank you chaps for stopping by, I wish I could get more done..

trying to do a bit on the DH Hornet, a bit on this lovely Ju188 and have got a fab new decal set for the 1/24 Typhoon ready & in print for the end of the month. Oh, and launching a new 'responsive' website more suited for our strategic future with mobile devices etc. Throw in the day job in the city and I actually start to wonder if I have the time to do anything at all properly (except bring wonderful cockpit decals to market :whistle: )..

..promise I am in for the long haul, just trying to manage life and not get distracted by all the modelling cheques my life won't let me cash..

the 188 will be back soon...  in the meantime, I would love to see what you have done with your A1 - if it is anywhere near as well researched & executed as your Siemens Schuckert we are in for a bigger treat than I can come up with!

Peter

Oh it is Peter   :)

Was originally thinking about using some of the Profimodeller parts, but upon looking at photos and comparing I found them to be not up to my standards.  It is a slow build, but have been learning a LOT and have surprised myself with the level of detail I have been able to add.  Even found a few problems with the Eduard PE sets.  Nothing major there, but some things that could be revised to make them a bit easier to build and a bit more accurate.

Will post a photo here of my wheel well assemblies to make your mouth water.  Nice thing is I have dimensional patterns I can send you of the frames and formers so you can do your own.   :mental: