The Air War Over Vietnam Group Build Discussion Thread

LSP_Paul

We actually have a early MIG-21 (Polish) setting under the wing of a D model BUFF at the museum at Barksdale AFB

I just remembered that the Orkin man who treated the house in the early 70's, recognized the tail number on my Monogram

B-52D as one he worked on during the BIG BELLY mod program.

Amazing what bubbles up in your head once in awhile

Jack

I'll have to see what if any extra money comes in, if I can pull it off i want to do a few models. I have a Tamiya Spitfire MK IX I will probably trade away to have more options for this group build.  :) I  just have to find somebody who wants it AND who has the right trading fodder. :coolio:  or cash! 

Paul

Edited by av8shunmodels

Well there is an excellent 1/33 paper model of the Tu-95... close to 2 meters span

http://www.ecardmodels.com/index.php/1-33-tu-95-bear.html

Hubert

Holy Smokes Hubert! That would be COOL! :frantic:  :m0152:  I know BEARs made a habit of following carriers  around as did the "fishing trawlers".  Man that Bear would be HUGE!!!!   Never built a paper model before..I know some guys have converted them into patterns and built plastic kits from them too.

Thanks for posting that link! 

Paul 

Edited by av8shunmodels

And for the balance, GPM also produce a 1/33 paper B-52 D ...

http://sklep.gpm.pl/en/modele-kartonowe/samoloty/1/33/b-52d-gpm066

Hubert

Oh Hubert Stop Tempting me!  :frantic:  Good God I have no idea where I would keep the B-52 but that ones DEFINITELY got my attention..Thanks for posting that one too! 

Paul 

I'm in! Got plenty of F-4 kits, though that may be the favorite in this build! I'll find something! Sounds like fun.

Paul

Thanks Paul for wanting to join in!   I'm glad to see so many modelers support this group build idea! It should be a blast! 

Paul

MUST resist  MUST RESIST!   Dude If I brought that home  Teresa would beat me with it...  :fight:  :frantic:  I'd have to move into the garage...There's no heat in the garage...

Paul

Edited by av8shunmodels

Well there is an excellent 1/33 paper model of the Tu-95... close to 2 meters span

http://www.ecardmodels.com/index.php/1-33-tu-95-bear.html

Hubert

We obviously think alike Hubert...I have previously stated that if I can get hold of a long plastic tube measuring 90.5mm OD, I'll show you a 1/32 Tu-95!   Bear! :)

Derek

Guest Peterpools

Paul

Don't worry, the Sluff is big enough that you can sleep in the bomb bay

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

We obviously think alike Hubert...I have previously stated that if I can get hold of a long plastic tube measuring 90.5mm OD, I'll show you a 1/32 Tu-95!   Bear! :)

Derek

Paul

Don't worry, the Sluff is big enough that you can sleep in the bomb bay

Peter

OK you two.. that's quite enough of that  :fight:  I think for the sake of my poor ol' self and relationship, It's best to let Tom Probert build the super huge stuff.. He already has the reputation and experience in dealing with his better half and the kits to pull it off.  :whistle:

Paul 

Edited by av8shunmodels

I've already got to much done to it Peter, so it would be a D/Q  :(  I came up with the idea for the GB AFTER I had re-kindled my own interest in the Conflict in SEA  having re-started my F-4J and F-8.  No worries. I am definitely going to do my A-4F I posted an image of a page or two back when Jack asked me what I'd be building.. and I am working with a couple other LSP'rs to trade stuff for some new kits that should fit nicely into this GB as well.

I am just so thankful for the overwhelming response to my GB idea and am VERY happy to see the AMOUNT of talent that wants to participate, yourself included. just by the shear numbers who have expressed interest so far, this is going to be one of the largest  Group Builds to date. :)

Paul 

Paul

Agreed.  How about building the Phantom in your signature?

Peter

Peter, Here is the A-4 I'm doing for the GB.. Except mine will be # 304 I bet you're having a blast with the research on your F9F

Paul