1/32 Texan/Harvard down Under

SirBlueHenry

This is the Lead weight wich bolts to the lower frame behind the rear pilot. To counter the weight loss of various items removed from Harvards postwar. Its a significant chunk of lead in real life. Here its a pretty small piece to make and I have placed it next to the seat for scale effect.

The angle irons have been replicated with very thin aluminium sheet

13942695212_c38b3ffd91_b.jpg

The wires and cables coming through the wing upper surface will be arranged and trimmed much later in the process, but just getting an idea of what it be like so far.

Front seat fitting worked out well.

There are actually quite a few details in the wing upper section. They include ...

front frame mounts

rear frame mounts

holes for aileron cables

fuel tanke gauges beside pilot seat

front seat mounts

hydraulic lines to flaps

Well ive the 66 inch castle there, which matches the size. I am not sure if thats Ken Smy, I guess so if its the same thing you are referencing in your photo with the 54inch castle.

I dont know - I just looked through my sheets and found it  - not sure if that means there are different sheets.

what does your full sheet look like?

And in case anyone was wondering - yes I know my hydraulic lines are way overscale, but for trhe purposes of this build and everything else thats wrong, its just representative in my mind. In fact the whole scratch building of the upper surface and all that I have done behind the rear seat is just for my own practice. If this kit had been a Tamiya I would have taken a lot more care to be extremely accurrate in pipe thicknesses and everything.

Well ive the 66 inch castle there, which matches the size. I am not sure if thats Ken Smy, I guess so if its the same thing you are referencing in your photo with the 54inch castle.

I dont know - I just looked through my sheets and found it  - not sure if that means there are different sheets.

what does your full sheet look like?

Thanks for he info.

I think it is the same sheet, just that the 66" markings were included on an earlier run.