1/32 Texan/Harvard down Under

SirBlueHenry

Wing join not good. Not happy with this but whatever I was doing was just not working.

I really think they should have recessed the join under that wing joint fairing.

anyway - now I have a crap wing joint. It looks worse in this close up than it is, but still, have to do something about that

13992049836_64356c0f52_b.jpg

Wing join not good. Not happy with this but whatever I was doing was just not working.

I really think they should have recessed the join under that wing joint fairing.

anyway - now I have a crap wing joint. It looks worse in this close up than it is, but still, have to do something about that

13992049836_64356c0f52_b.jpg

I had similar issues with mine, having just attached the wings myself. I was convinced it was something I'd done (sanded too much here or there), but now I realise it wasn't me. FWIW, mine came up OK after I ran some gap-filling CA gel along the joins, followed up later with the Vallejo Plastic Putty, which I wiped away with a damp cotton bud. I can post a photo later either here or in my own thread if you like.

Kev

post one here - lets see

OK, here's the port one, same as in your photo:

file_zps977141c0.jpg

And the starboard one, which still needs a little more work:

file_zps61c1fa6a.jpg

I'll probably brush some Mr Surfacer along the join.

Kev

another thing i you can see in the photo of the lower section that there are 2 cutouts where the flap would get inserted, but the cutouts actually extend into the lower surface of the wing, so if, as I am doing you do flaps up, you end up with 2 long thing gaps - another feature they should NOT have done.

Just seen that each of the flap sections is about 1.5mm to short.

The 2 outer flaps also have an incorrect angle on the inboard part. It should be 90 degree but is not. (OK - I may be wrong here - need to check my photos.)

seems they planned for the flaps to form a continous flap line when flaps lowered, but thats not how it on thne real aircraft

Edited by SirBlueHenry