Morane Saulnier type N - 1/32 "Special Hobby".

Little Andi

Many thanks for your kind words and encouragement chaps ... I must admit I feel as though I'm on the offramp now (Ooo! can't you just tell I'm a bit of a "Weather Report" fan)?

Anyhoo, I want this put to bed so I'm reaching for the finishing tape. And one of the things that needed addressing (to my eye) was the wheels themselves. Now I don't understand all the prototypical ettiquette, but the wheels themselves are made up of two pancake halves, having put enough cement between to make sure there was no dry patches I clamped them up, but only after the devils own job at trying to line them up - they just weren't concentric.

So, I had to play around like this..................................

Morane-23_zps9611610d.jpg

Firstly I turned them down, not the easiest thing as the plastic is quite greasy and very soft - hence the visible "chatter" and that was going very gently.

Morane-24_zps1da9533a.jpg

Next there was two laminate wraps cemented to the outer tyre.

Morane-25_zps3d0073c4.jpg

And then of course this was turned down to a tyre-ish shape. ............. This is the first turning with a bit of grey primer thrown at it to allow me to see what I've got ... and it's a bearable start? Certainly better than what I started with.
This can obviously be fettled up to one's hearts content, but that ridge around the one o'clock position looks to my eye like a line of caked mud sticking to the tyre - doubt if I could of modelled it any better? I shall of course neaten them up, but I'm tempted to leave that line of mud.

That's it for now then - hopefully a finished pic' soon???

Cheers all.................

Well here we are - finally. My first ever WW1 aircraft, and probably my first aircraft build in forty years. A learning curve from the beginning.

No fluff and bluster then: straight in with the pic's ... sink or swim.

Morane Saulnier Type N ... 1/32 Special Hobby.

Morane-26_zps7cdf27ee.jpg

Morane-27_zpse641838e.jpg
Morane-28_zps7eb5631d.jpg

Morane-29_zpsf859b1d0.jpg

Morane-34_zpsc543b7e0.jpg
Morane-31_zpscb4c500f.jpg

Morane-30_zpsd2e0e2b7.jpg

Morane-35_zps8265ff27.jpg
Morane-33_zps75730b54.jpg

Morane-32_zps6699570f.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Edited by Little Andi

Nice work, very good result!

however, there are many too turnbuckles.
Four wire were fixed by single turnbuckles ( turnbuckle eye holt and bolt on the mounting plate)
the two wire on the pulley have turnbuckle as you made.
The MS of museum has a wrong bracing because of these turnbuckles

tumblr_lwy4e1Eulf1qgnsyxo1_1280.jpg

mats_h10.jpg

That's a really terrific result mate! May I publish it on the website?

Kev

Yes of course - by all means.

But for clarities sake please be aware that this is a cross pollination post from another forum (Not a featured build, just a build and completion thread]. There's no issue with that I should imagine - I'm just sharing the results here as I am hoping to get a few WWII builds going over here eventually and wanted to say hello in a positive a way as possible.

If that suits? .... Please - be my guest.

Yes of course - by all means.

But for clarities sake please be aware that this is a cross pollination post from another forum (Not a featured build, just a build and completion thread]. There's no issue with that I should imagine - I'm just sharing the results here as I am hoping to get a few WWII builds going over here eventually and wanted to say hello in a positive a way as possible.

If that suits? .... Please - be my guest.

That's no problem at all mate. I just need your full name so I can credit the article properly.

Kev

Hi Andi, could you please explain how you made those yellow-greenish cable guiders or what material you used?

For a similar micro-project I try to drill a hole through a thin Evergreen rod but it's extremely hard to do and almost bound to fail. So I'm curious how you did that.

BTW excellent work, of course!

Edited by Roy vd M.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Andi, could you please explain how you made those yellow-greenish cable guiders or what material you used?

For a similar micro-project I try to drill a hole through a thin Evergreen rod but it's extremely hard to do and almost bound to fail. So I'm curious how you did that.

BTW excellent work, of course!

Roy ... bloke!  - I'm so sorry I had no idea this question was here. For some reason I don't tend to see all my unread posts so blithely carry on - totally unaware.

Those cable guides as you call them are made from 0.5mm brass tube (internal dia' 0.32mm), the "eye's" are just 5amp fusewire twisted into an eye, rolled to a taper and then glued into each end - they're supposed to read as turn-buckles" and kind of do if you squint!!

I got mine, and several other sizes from the "Historex" site.

That is a "first build"...?????.... Frack man...that is amazing ! Those turnbuckles are sweet and I really like the shading/ staining on the inner wing. Welcome to the forum, if this any indication of what you do I think we are in for some inspiring builds from you !

:punk:

Vaughn

There is a full size replica of this aircraft at the Old Rhinebeck WW1 Aerodrome (Rhinebeck, NY).

Last time I was there I asked  how it flies and was told no one knows as no one is foolhardy enough to test fly it.

Stephen :piliot: