F-15E to I Ra'am conversion

ladder4boy

Paul, thanks for the info. Looking at the set #23/24/25 with the eagle on the tail.. Apparently it has all the airframe and weapons stencils in Hebrew as well as English on it.. Can't find it in stock anywhere, but I'm gonna e-mail 'em and see if they're still available direct. Looking at conversion sets now.. Toss up between the cutting edge and the Isra-cast. Now the search for research material begins..

Now the search for research material begins..

The IsraDecal publications book: "F-15I Ra'am in IAF service", ISBN 965-7220-04-1 is a good place to start. (In Fact, I'd say it's about all you'd need if you can find it).

You might try to find John Wolstenholmes build of the Ra'am on ARC if you can Jerry. That's about as good as it gets.

I look forward to seeing how the project develops. The big Eagles are a blast to build so enjoy.

Cheers.

Paul, thanks for the info. Looking at the set #23/24/25 with the eagle on the tail.. Apparently it has all the airframe and weapons stencils in Hebrew as well as English on it.. Can't find it in stock anywhere, but I'm gonna e-mail 'em and see if they're still available direct. Looking at conversion sets now.. Toss up between the cutting edge and the Isra-cast. Now the search for research material begins..

this is the last one on ebay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Skys-Decals-1-32-MCDONNELL-DOUGLAS-F-15-STENCILS-PANEL-NUMBERS-Israeli-AF-/130796138174?pt=Model_Kit_US&hash=item1e740eaebe

I did this convesion earlier in the year , the Sky decals are a PAIN to find on line, BUT they are available directly from SKY,

The airframe conversions are pretty straightfordward , but if you want to do a current airframe , you'll have to add the satcom antenna behind the cockpit , use Airplanes.net , you have a huge searchable archive , and the antenna shows up on pics of Ra'ams taken over the course of the last year, I just made one up fom miliput

A couple of things to remember , Ra'ams have black cockpits , so if you go the Eduard route re cockpit enhancements , you'll need a steady hand when it comes to re-painting some of the panels , remember the IAf only have 25 or so of these aircraft , and they're treated as a national asset , so go easy on the weathering , dull the colours perhaps , but not much else

The sufa kit certainly provides a lot of assistance re IAF specific weapons - I armed my one with a AGM-142 Popeye , and although that's in the sufa kit , there are no markings for it - fear not however markings for it are available http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/ED-32029

Drop me PM if you want any more info re the F-15I build , its an impressing build , and it make such a change from dark grey aircraft!

No need for eBay. Sprue Brothers has both the Wolfpack and Isracast sets in stock.

http://store.spruebrothers.com/product_p/wpd32022.htm

http://store.spruebrothers.com/product_p/isc32019.htm

Both sets are later than the old CE set. I'd recommend either over trying to find the OOP CE conversion.

Thanks for the input guys!

Guy.. Anything John Wolstenholme builds is worth looking at. Thanks for that link! I'd love to get that book as well, but an hours worth of searching for it online last night led to nothing. Time to start begging and groveling on my knees here soon.

Paul and Dave.. Sent an e-mail to Sky last night, but haven't had a chance to check for a response yet. I've got a line on the cutting edge conversion, and I know everything they made was top notch, but I may go with the isra cast due to reviews I've read online. Note that the only reviews I trust online anymore are those where the review sample came curtesy of the reviewers wallet and they're not being paid to say how wonderful it is.

Scotsman.. I may well be dropping you a line here in the near future! Haven't had a chance to search out your build yet, but I will later tonight.

Petrov.. They have a revel kit at my LHS that's in the bargain bin for like $15.. I'm gonna hop over there Friday after work and grab it.. There are several side by side comparisons on the web.. But I may well use it for parts and as a backup..or try that Bazwith it down the road!

Cheers guys and thanks for the input!

Jerry

Thanks for the input guys!

Guy.. Anything John Wolstenholme builds is worth looking at. Thanks for that link! I'd love to get that book as well, but an hours worth of searching for it online last night led to nothing. Time to start begging and groveling on my knees here soon.

Paul and Dave.. Sent an e-mail to Sky last night, but haven't had a chance to check for a response yet. I've got a line on the cutting edge conversion, and I know everything they made was top notch, but I may go with the isra cast due to reviews I've read online. Note that the only reviews I trust online anymore are those where the review sample came curtesy of the reviewers wallet and they're not being paid to say how wonderful it is.

Scotsman.. I may well be dropping you a line here in the near future! Haven't had a chance to search out your build yet, but I will later tonight.

Petrov.. They have a revel kit at my LHS that's in the bargain bin for like $15.. I'm gonna hop over there Friday after work and grab it.. There are several side by side comparisons on the web.. But I may well use it for parts and as a backup..or try that Bazwith it down the road!

Cheers guys and thanks for the input!

Jerry

I'm sure you'll be able to find what you need for your build. Good luck and post some pics when you get started. research and recovery is the fun part anywho!!!

Paul