PCM Hawker Tempest 8:25:13- Completed!!!!

scvrobeson

Guest Peterpools

Matt

Holy Cow, the decaling look fantastic. never thought of using Micromesh on the Future but after seeing how smooth everything is, surely will follow your lead.

Keep 'em coming

:popcorn: :popcorn:

Looking good there, you've gone for the same version as me ! I'll be posting my pics tomorrow.

Andy.

I'll be interested to see your build with the decals on Andy. I just knew I wanted to do something with invasion stripes for once, since I have nothing in my collection like that. It's gone together pretty well so far for me at least.

Matt :party0023:

Matt

Holy Cow, the decaling look fantastic. never thought of using Micromesh on the Future but after seeing how smooth everything is, surely will follow your lead.

Keep 'em coming

Thanks Peter! Glad you like it! I had never tried it before, but people had said that using Micromesh smooths everything out, and it really helped make everything smooth. I'll have to try it more often on my builds when the Future doesn't lay down smoothly.

I spent today working on the small parts, namely the landing gear and exhausts. I usually leave this bits for the end, and kind of relax on them. This time though I made sure I did these parts first, so I put all of my effort into them.

The exhausts were painted with Tamiya Metallic Grey and Red-Brown, with a bit of Orange added in. Over that, I added some Mig Old Rust pigment, and then some light rust and black to the rest of the pipes in order to make them look burnt and worn out. I think it looks good, I usually have problems getting exhausts to look decent.

Gear doors were easy, these were weathered with some Mig Europe Dust pigments at the bottom, then they'll get some oils and scratches to look more weathered.

The landing gear legs were cleaned up, and the flash cleaned out between the struts. That really improved the look of them, shouldn't need to replace them now.

001_zpsf8cbe8ef.jpg

002_zpsba1381d3.jpg

003_zps45bc3d92.jpg

004_zpsef5d4d81.jpg

005_zps21499a9a.jpg

006_zps1303b8fa.jpg

007_zps6240570e.jpg

008_zps675bf81c.jpg

009_zps9bf3a17a.jpg

Enjoy

More terrific work Matt! Excellent stuff. It looks like your two exhaust stacks might have come out slightly different though, if that matters (probably not).

Kev

Hey Kev. That's probably because only one exhaust stack had been finished at the point of the pictures. I wanted to show the difference. The other now looks the exact same, so the exhaust pipes are now done and ready to eventually be mounted on the plane.

Glad you like the work. I did more on on the gear doors last night, so I think those pieces are officially done now, so can be set aside until final assembly rolls around.

Guest Peterpools

Matt

Love the exhausts and the gear doors. You're on a whole new level with the Tempest.

Keep 'em coming

Matt

Love the exhausts and the gear doors. You're on a whole new level with the Tempest.

Keep 'em coming

Thanks a lot Peter! Glad you like it. I'm trying out some new techniques and tricks I picked up from some armor modeling friends to try and weather this one properly. I'll post the pictures in a minute to show what I've been doing.

I put another coat of Future on the model today to seal the deals, and then after polishing that down, put the wash on. I just went for a black oil wash all over, because I wanted to contrast to both camo colors that other oils couldn't offer. I also did some small fuel staining and some mud marks around the wing walks.

Here are the photos

001_zps23d3ddd3.jpg

002_zps7a486ac6.jpg

003_zpsccc8deb4.jpg

004_zps0985d760.jpg

005_zpsedb969c1.jpg

006_zpsa236cc6b.jpg

007_zpsbd8e29f6.jpg

008_zpsc9412245.jpg

009_zps686c6554.jpg

That's just amazing Matt! Looks fantastic. Both Tempests nearing completion at the moment are stunning in my opinion.

Kev

Thanks a lot! There is still a lot of weathering to go to make it look complete, but it's a good start so far. There's going to be some small chipping, and then some more washes and then exhaust stains. Hope to get it done this weekend.

Yes, Andy's Tempest is looking great as well, he did a much better job than me of matching his fuselage stripe to the codes. My stripe is too dark.

Amazing job Matt, as always!!
I think you should blend a bit more the oil marks on the fuselage. For oil stains you can also use drawing pencils if you have.
And there is a small fingertip under left wheel well, see if you can fix it!!
Keep it coming...

John

Edited by zaxos345