Model Expo 2013 Melbourne, Australia

BradG

A few of my pictures from the show here in Melbourne over our long weekend. I think just on 600 kits were entered with many more on the club display stands. I'll leave the LSP's for Kev.

P10100233_zpsc932cc93.jpg

P10100235_zps6d038683.jpg

P10100225_zpsd2a861cf.jpg

P10100245_zpsbe2bca43.jpg

P10100352_zps41b76a11.jpg

P10100392_zps233334cb.jpg

P1010031_zps25da7b31.jpg

059b5a1c-add8-48ed-b223-676b998e9fc9_zps

Oh I like that last one of the U-Boat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub:

The work that has gone into the sea around it is fantastic!! ... And I thought my pontoons crossing the MeuseI built were good - obviously I have much to learn, master!!

Rog

Hey Brad ...

I JUST noticed theres a 1/35 Pz.35t there!!!!! ... who makes THAT kit??? or was it scratch built??? ... That's one of my Panzer missing links!!! ... I thought it was a 38t when I first saw it but noticed the shape differences the second time 'round ... Daaaaay'm I would love to get one!!!!

Rog

Yes!! That type 7 is awesome. I never saw anyone get that effect looking so good,the sea falling off the hull.

J

... especially with the spash just off the bow there!! ... in my "France 1940" diorama I built some pontoons across a stretch of water made with E-Z Water (Woodlands Scenics) and got a nice bubbling/foamy effect around the 'fixed' equipment ... but the U-Boat diorama is classic art in comparission!

Rog

• 2 weeks later...

Agree with all of you on that U-Boot. It is just incredibly well done. I have never seen water done so effectively. I won't complain if you have even more photos to post of that one.

I also like that second photo of the ship, as the water is understated but very nice there as well.

The Compass MD-83 airliner wing is so small as to be almost terrifying. Will that fly? I guess we don't often check out how small the wings are on what we fly. I stood under the flight path the other day at SFO while two big ones (747s) took off and the roar was nice to hear, but the wings looked big enough to almost hold them up. These are just too small for me.

Tnarg