1/32 BMW 801 Engine

flounder_al

I have a 1/32 Hasegawa (new tool) kit that i'd like to open up the engine bay on and was wondering if anyone knows where i can get a BMW 801 engine from? I know the old tool kit came with and engine but apart from buying that kit just for the engine then is that my only option?

Amazingly there is no aftermarket 1/32 BMW 801. I have long been mystified why Aires, CMK or Vector haven't produced a detail set for what would have to be one of the most popular aircraft types, particularly as the first two companies have done it in 1/48. I did quiz one of them as to why they hadn't and the answer was something along the lines of 'higher priorities'. I keep on hoping.

I might have a trashed early kit, from which I will donate you the engine parts if you want to go down that path.

regards

• 3 weeks later...

I swear if you search I egged Sergey to do one about 10X over the years

I seem to recall that you did Matt. Sergey tends to keep his cards close to his chest, so I have absolutely no idea what he is working on currently? (but if he is anything like me, he'll most likely have his hands very full making other things).

Derek

Pssst, Derek don't give Aires any ideas. After seeing the price of the engine they did for the Hasegawa P-47 in 1/32 scale I would hate to see what a Beemer 801 would go for. :mental:

Fair point Michael!

:)

Derek