Fokker DVII (FOK) Jasta 71

Guest Peterpools

Guest Peterpools

Needed to get back in the saddle until I can figure out how to finish my Albatros D.Va., so I decided to join the Fokker Party and give it a go. It isn't easy picking which Fokker to build in the kit but decided to go with version D: Fokker D VII 4301/18 Fritz Oppenhorst Jasta 71, 1918. Lots of choices in the build instructions as to interior colors and finish, so I've been doing a lot of research and found a few quality restorations to help out. Will be following the build sequence as per the instructions and looking out for the pitfalls Ron and John have pointed out. Unless there is a trick in downloading images from the WNW site, this is the best I can do for my Fokker.

3201120Fokker20D_zps5fb8a5a6.jpg

Peter

I will be watching this one with great interest. I've got the Albatros version sitting in my stash. I'm waiting for the GB to do that one. So hopefully your build will go well, so I can see how to tackle this kit.

Matt :party0023:

Edited by scvrobeson

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Matt

The Albi is a great kit but I found out the hard way about the dihedral problem and to make matters worse, Ron gave me a heads up about it and I totally forgot. I'll figure it out after I finish the Fokker.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Frank

I'm with you about the scheme ... looks really good. Hopefully in a few days, I'll be have enough work done to take some images and get the build thread going.

Peter

Looking forward to seeing what you do with this one Peter! Option "e" is pretty colourful too eh? If you do option "d" you'll have to wire up the engine 'cause all the upper engine cowl panels have been removed. Think I may have to weigh in on the Fokker builds soon too. Just waiting for my reference material to arrive.

Cheers,

Wolf

Guest Peterpools

Wolf

You have a keen eye for sure and it looks like I'll be wiring up the Mercedes. Looking forward to you jumping into the unofficial Fokker GB build. Just curious as to what reference materials your going to be using.

Thanks again for the suggestion regarding the Abli's dihedral. Will be taking a shot at it this weekend

Peter

Thanks Matt

The Albi is a great kit but I found out the hard way about the dihedral problem and to make matters worse, Ron gave me a heads up about it and I totally forgot. I'll figure it out after I finish the Fokker.

Peter

That's too bad. I meant that I had the Albatros version of the D.VII kit, I'm probably going to do the scheme with the face on the front of it. So I'll be wiring up my engine. Hopefully this build goes smoothly, I'll be watching it for tips on my build.

Matt :party0023:

Guest Peterpools

Matt

I should have figured it out. I'm planning on wiring up the engine and doing some extra detailing on the Fokker as well. Sure looks like we have an unoffical Fokker DVII going .

As far as my Albi goes, I'm going to give Wolf's POA a go this weekend and will be keeping my fingers crossed.

Happy New Year

Peter

Hi Peter,

My D VII just arrived in the post. It will sit in the stash for some time while I complete other builds. I am looking forward to watching your progress to see how it all goes together.

:popcorn:

Regards

Don