WNW FokkerDVII MFGR1 ,Gotthard Sachsenberg

miamiangler

Thanks Kev, Peter and Tom ,

Peter I like your build ! Nothing wrong with it .

Well last night I spent time doing the finishing touches to the engine before the covers go on . I just use white glue to hold the pieces in place just incase I decide to remove them in the future .

DSCN0286_zpsa50f23b0.jpg

DSCN0284_zps38c61893.jpg

DSCN0285_zpse5af476e.jpg

That's all for today Thanks for stopping by!

Willi

Thanks Ron ,O.K . Peter and Tom I`ll keep it coming ,but it`s getting close to being done ! So Far I have had fun with this kit .I really haven`t found many pitfalls . Just be careful with fitting the engine. The landing gear went on without any problems. So here she is on her landing struts :).

DSCN0293_zpsa6855c8a.jpg

DSCN0296_zpsc8076b54.jpg

More to come soon !

Willi

Edited by miamiangler

Bedazzling Willi, it really couldn't get more colourful than that. I can't imagine the amount of work it must have been to apply and then maintain the colour scheme on this plane, not to mention the additional weight added to the airframe. It does look beautiful though and so does your model!

Cheers,

Wolf

Willi,

I think that's got to be the coolest paint job I've seen on a WWI fighter, it reminds me of an air show or barnstormer scheme aircraft, but it's obvious that this guy was "in the mood" to try his luck in the air with other "tricks" :)

Looking forward to more rigging etc.. Keep up the Excellent work!

Paul

Guest Peterpools

Willi

Looking simply fantastic sitting on her gear. We're up to the same portion of the build now, so keep me posted on the wing and fuselage strut assembly, as it's what I'm hoping to do this weekend.

Keep 'em coming

Willi,

I think that's got to be the coolest paint job I've seen on a WWI fighter, it reminds me of an air show or barnstormer scheme aircraft, but it's obvious that this guy was "in the mood" to try his luck in the air with other "tricks" :)

Looking forward to more rigging etc.. Keep up the Excellent work!

Paul

Hi Paul,

There`s not much rigging on the DVII which makes it kind of easy . I like building colorful A/C so there`s going to be a few more Fokkers in my WW1 collecton.

Willi

I am very familiar with this kit now that I've built two. The decaling and overall finish you've done is simply brilliant

Ron

Thanks Ron ,

I have watched both of your builds .Both look awesome ! I think it would be cool if all Fokker DVII`s built on this forum could have their own post .There are quite a few different Fokkers being built right now . Everyone who finishes a Fokker DVII can post the photo`s there .That way everyone can view all the A/C in one place .

Willi

Willi

Looking simply fantastic sitting on her gear. We're up to the same portion of the build now, so keep me posted on the wing and fuselage strut assembly, as it's what I'm hoping to do this weekend.

Keep 'em coming

Thanks Peter,

I`m hoping to wrap this bird up this weekend also. I`m just going over everything carefully and doing touchups as I go .

Thanks JRutman and Mark,

Your comments are much appreciated

Willi