WNW FokkerDVII MFGR1 ,Gotthard Sachsenberg

miamiangler

This will be my first Wing nut Wings kit . I can say looking at the plastic parts and the instruction book it`s a real gem of a kit . The aircraft I will be doing has the Mercedes DIIIau.200hp engine. The top covers are not used so much more engine will be exposed. I have started to detail the engine adding wires for the spark plugs and some plumbing . Fokker%20D.VII,%20Gotthard%20Sachsenberg,%20MFJGr%201,%20October%201918%20(31%20victories).jpg

Thanks Peter , I have been working on the engine off and on for a week . Having the kits on my work table for awhile I just couldn't wait anymore .I had to start something new . I was hoping to get the Arado196 done this year but that wont happen now :innocent: . I`ll be posting Photos of what I have done so far on the Mercedes engine .My wife is in Poland visiting her son and I ordered resin parts for the engine . www.TaurusModels.pl Mr.Lucksz Laskowski make some interesting things for WW1 Aircraft in 1/48th &1/32nd . When my wife returns on the 8th of Jan .I can post a review of the resin parts which should make the engine look killer! Willi

Edited by miamiangler

Guest Peterpools

Willie

Brilliant start on your Fokker Daimler-Mercedes engine. The detailing looks just superb. I'm taking notes every step of the way, as my Fokker is also now on the bench and I'm just working on the seat right now. Thanks for the link for the Taurus AM parts. Still curious how you were able to copy and post the WNW drawing. I tried and just couldn't do it.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Thanks guy`s

I just started to add the decals and getting the energy to work on the model today .Too much partying last nite .Happy New Year to all !

I just got lucky with getting the WNW photo on screen ,copy and paste I think ?

Willi

Today`s small update: I cut the sparkplug wires to size and punched small disks of foil and added the disks to the wire as connectors to the sparkplugs. I added 6 nuts to the engine on the right side as in the photo`s I found online .The nuts I used are from Vectorcut.com . I am not sure if the number is correct but looks nice on the engine . There`s still lots to add but today is a lazy day and I`m taking my time on this engine . DSCN0114-1.jpgDSCN0115-1.jpgDSCN0117-1.jpgHere` the link`s I have been using. www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=519353 www.williammaloney.com/Aviation/BromeCountyMuseum/index.htm

Edited by miamiangler