Bf 109 G6 rivet detail

Haakmans

Hello all,

Over the last days I've started my first 1/32 Hasegawa Bf 109G6 kit. It's also my second LSP ever in the works. The fuselage and wings appear a bit naked without rivet detail so I'm thinking about adding them. Does anybody know any good reference with a set of 1/32 scale drawings with the position of the rivet lines.

Thanks and happy christmas,

Adriaan

Adriaan,

Welcome aboard!

Offhand, I know of no 1/32 scale set of drawings. Scaling reference drawings is something you will need to do yourself. Most, if not all, drawings that I refer to show location.

I've developed a system of application that works well for me. The general system I use for the 109's I've been doing is to locate them .5mm from panel lines and 1mm apart. Specific locations I work out. Others' system of application of course may vary.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Mark

Hello Mark,

Many thank for the tip, I'll certainly use it. Do you use a specific riveting tool?

Going over the forums I came across your great builds of the G6 and G14. For general reference do you revert to the internet or do you recommend any books?

Sincerely,

Adriaan

UMM makes a rivetting tool as well. I am using the first stalk ('0') of the set to rivet the Bf109F-4Trop and the K-4 in my signature.

http://umm-usa.com/o...ev3e4p3sekrhi25

Sincerely,

Mark

UMM makes a rivetting tool as well. I am using the first stalk ('0') of the set to rivet the Bf109F-4Trop and the K-4 in my signature.

http://umm-usa.com/o...ev3e4p3sekrhi25

Sincerely,

Mark

I ;ove this tool..... It does take alot more time and effort to use than the wheel type but it produces a much finer result.. one thing that you need to practice is being able to deliver consistent pressure to all the rivets. push too hard and you damage the surface... you want all of them to look exactly the same... so practice id the key. I used a very slight turnig motion which helps me regulate the pressure...