Revell 1/32 HE-111 P-1

sitzkrieg

Greetings!

I'm a longtime lurker and have decided to put up my first WIP thread. I'm currently working on the big HE-111 and have bought a few "standard" extras for it: Master gun barrels, Scale Aircraft Conversions landing gear, Eduard masks, AIMS decals... but the one interesting thing I decided to shell out for was the CMK in-wing fuel tanks. I haven't seen an example of this kit built up with them yet so I figured I would share. Ignoring, for the moment, all the seams I have to clean up, I'd like some opinions on colours for the tanks, hoses, etc.beyond the RLM02 interior.

photo3.jpg

photo.jpg

Hi there!

Nice going.

The fuel tanks were covered by a layer of black rubber. The bands were light sand coloured and had stencelling on them.

I've used the cmk fuel tanks in my ju88 build. Just bought the cmk fuel filler caps and life raft for my he111. Keep it up!

Cheers,

Jeroen

(null)

Guest Nigelr32

Welcome aboard!

:post1:

I think this may be the first WiP build we've had of this kit here. Looks like you're off to a nice start. I'm looking forward to following your progress.

Kev

Kev,

If you're referring to the HE-111 Revell kit, I think you may be corrected??

Kev,

If you're referring to the HE-111 Revell kit, I think you may be corrected??

Probably so, since I also had my build posted on here back in the Spring.

On topic though, you're off to a great start, and the CMK fuel tanks look like a nice addition.

Matt

Guest Nigelr32

Sorry, back on topic, those tanks look great.

For colours info I would get in touch with Guttorm. He will give you the exact colours and probably some pics too.

Guest Peterpools

Welcome aboard and enjoy the Forum. No finer place to be, post and discuss our hobby and the coffee is always on for some hanger flying.

:post1:

Nice start on the HE111 and looking forward to following along.

Peter

Alright, so I followed Jeroen's advice and went with a semi-gloss black for the tanks, tan for the bands, and added some plumbing. I'll likely scratch some retaining bars (there is one per bay running diagonally) since I smashed the spindly resin ones to pieces in a ham-fisted attempt at removing them from their casting blocks. Not sure I'm loving it just yet... I might make a few more tweaks like re-applying the questionable acrylic wash I used.

I just received HGW Models micro-fabric harness set with resin seats and also ordered up some CMK fuel filler caps and life raft compartment for the topside of this beast. So I'll likely start into them next.

IMG_20121117_203432.jpg