Revell's (not so) new 1:32 He 219 "UHU"

Iain

Magic's already been done in the masters/casting - not a lot to add Kevin!

Looks like they'll work beautifully with the kit and will be a great enhancement. *If* I get a chance I'll post some update pix to illustrate!

Iain

• 2 weeks later...

Erm...

Case for the defence m'Lud:

The sun's finally popped it's head above the parapet here in Blighty - and I've mostly been down at the airfield when not in the day job (and duty pilot two nights a week) - sooo not a lot of progress on anything at present...

It *will* return (along with all my other projects) at some point soon!) :)

Iain

Roy - you star!!!

Have just spotted the cowl flaps and radiators - was about to start opening mine out as per a much earlier post - I'll place an order in the am :)

Any idea on postage costs to UK?

Hopefully Roy won't mind me posting a piccie (or 4 - happy to remove if requested) - they look superb!!

BR32063-02.jpg

Now wondering if I can remove the kit radiators...

Happy, happy, happy - these will make another BiG difference to the look of the beast...

Iain

Iain,

Sorry for a late reply but I don't believe the interior of the oil radiators are straight-sided. They are curved around the radius of the cowl from the approximately 1200 to 0200 position. Hard to tell from your photo if this was captured on the interior. Also note, the oil radiator screen (gills?) run fore and aft and not around the circumference direction.

Bill

Hi Bill

Yes you are right, approximatly a fifth of the circumference holds the oil cooler and is circular in section and has another "screen" pattern as you mention..

Roy pointed this out to me after Radu Brinzan had adressed this error on the masters.

I wasn't aware of it when designing it and was discovered to late.

But a "positive" thing after all, is that when checking what you actually will see regarding this when assembled, which will be almost impossible.

I decided it was not worth redesigning and rework the masters to fix this and Roy agreed.

Otherwise I would have changed it, as I wouldn't allowed myself not fixing it if clearly seen. ;-)

Perhaps it turned out to be a "good" thing as making this correct, would have involved extra work that in the end wouldn't be seen anyway. :-)

Regards/ Gunnar

Edited by Gunnar J

• 2 weeks later...

Iain and all,

I have to say it looks awesome. Nice work! Ive been following your improvements for quite a while and they are really good. I havent had a chance to get into with more details yet, but:

Since I bought that new Kagero part 2 manual for the He-219, it is delivered with a 1/32 scale drawing of all the important parts. It is a real bonus to the 3D drawings in the book but at the same time a huge disappointment when you put the engine nacelles of our Revell kit onto them. I m not a fan of this type of "research" but it shows a tolerance of over 5 millimeters in Diameter as a whole unit. That beeing said, and I also purchased the fantastic casted resin cowls and radiator flaps that those are way to small.

But back to my point I wnated to let you know anyway. Since I bought and received the ZM He219 as well, on the last page of ZM He 219 is a price tag visible for all sprues. So what I did I ordered only the two sprues not directly from ZM but from Volks INC and it looks to me that, if someone wants to eliminate all the putty work, angle adjusting and diam. issues, he just have to order these and he gets them with the open cowl flaps, rings and parts for the nacelle. Its half the privce of a revell kit but in my eyes a huge improvemnt with less work and perfect match with panel lines and so on.

Just my 2 cent but again, Im not afraid of cutting and putty-work. It just makes live easier... :)

Edited by fockewings

Thanks - useful stuff!

I am wary of drawings though...

Does anyone have a full-size diameter measurement for the front of the cowls at any point?

Or equivalent measurements on the ZM kit for comparison?

Iain

Cees - yup - will be at Telford - looks like we have stand confirmed (hopefully another 24' / 8m this year...) :mental:

Iain

This reminds me Iain, is there any chance I can bring my Hudson along? I know it's still a few months away but I had better ask why I remember! It should be around 40% done...

Great progress too :)

This reminds me Iain, is there any chance I can bring my Hudson along? I know it's still a few months away but I had better ask why I remember! It should be around 40% done...

Please do!

The 'in progress' stuff we display normally attracts a lot of interest...

Iain

will check on them... wait.. ähm ... Kagero outside cowling (closed =40,67mm , 1,6 inch) ZM (im stunned) (outside closed 40,41mm) Diameter of cowling ring ZM = 38,6mm Kagero =37,62 mm Revell in front of cowling 35,17mm hope that helps