LSP kit of the year 2011

Guest Hunter

I'm sorry if this has been mentioned before, but I only started voting for the kits of the year last year (been a member a good few years) when does the voting start for the 2011 kit of the year? or if I've missed it, where is the poll? 2011 is wearing on now, cant be many new releases left for this year.

Thanks.

Some great 2011 releases, Tamiya's superb Mustang must be a good bet for the win, Revell's HE-111 too.

Edited by Hunter

To be honest, the hardest work in setting this poll up is establishing all the kits that were released this year.

How about turning this thread into a list of candidates we can use to set the poll up?

It would certainly help......

Categories are

Main stream

Limited Run Multimedia

Limited Run Resin

To be honest, the hardest work in setting this poll up is establishing all the kits that were released this year.

Well, the Kit Database was partially designed with this problem in mind, but I suspect we're actually missing a few at the moment. All the biggies should be there though. However, I never got around to providing a 'year' filter for us to use for this purpose. Perhaps I'll look at getting that done in time for this year's poll.

Kev

Well, the Kit Database was partially designed with this problem in mind, but I suspect we're actually missing a few at the moment. All the biggies should be there though. However, I never got around to providing a 'year' filter for us to use for this purpose. Perhaps I'll look at getting that done in time for this year's poll.

Kev

Good work guys, it is appreciated.

I'd like to see a category: Manufacturer of the Year.

This would be solely based on the total amount of 1/35,1/32 and 1/24 scale kits the company produced for modelers in that year.

This would reflect the company's long term committment to our scales and would help us with the dilemma of just voting on one kit from one manufacturer.

Just a thought, might be worth thinking about?

Roy.

Edited by Royboy

I'd like to see a category: Manufacturer of the Year.

This would be solely based on the total amount of 1/35,1/32 and 1/24 scale kits the company produced for modelers in that year.

I take your point that a Manufacturer of the Year award could recognize broad but fundamental contributions to our scales that might otherwise go unacknowledged. However -- speaking only for myself, and with all due respect -- I'm strongly opposed to the idea of basing any such award solely on the number of LSP kits released, because I always prefer quality to quantity, and the latter tends to compromise the former. Although others' opinions may differ, the caveat "Be careful what you wish for" seems relevant here.

Charles Metz

I take your point that a Manufacturer of the Year award could recognize broad but fundamental contributions to our scales that might otherwise go unacknowledged. However -- speaking only for myself, and with all due respect -- I'm strongly opposed to the idea of basing any such award solely on the number of LSP kits released, because I always prefer quality to quantity, and the latter tends to compromise the former. Although others' opinions may differ, the caveat "Be careful what you wish for" seems relevant here.

Charles Metz

How about making this award something like figure skating judging : number of releases/quality of releases ?

Jozef

Charles Metz

Charles,

The points you've raised don't always necessarily concur, there are at least two quality manufacturers that are doing good numbers of quality kits for us.

Namely Revell and WingNuts. Also,this would be an addition, not a replacement for KOTY.

It would work, it's only a matter of whether or not the members thought it worthwhile.

Again, it was only a suggestion, and if anyone disagrees, no big deal.

It would be interesting to see if people responded to something like this though.

Roy.