PCM Spitfire XIV in UK?

Dave T Brown

Currently, we do not have a distributor in the UK. We did contact a couple of model shops without success. So at this time, if you wish to get one, please order direct from us or ask your local shop to contact us. Thanks and

Best Regards,

Ken Lawrence

Pacific Coast Models, Inc.

You would be better off approaching the Model Kit Wholesalers rather than Model shops as they are usually skint!

Graham

Just a note for anyone in the UK who orders this, expect HMRC and Parcelforce to charge £26.13 for it to clear customs.

Fantastic!

ouch indeed

on a point of principle this alone will stop me buying anything direct like that

personally, i would rather pay the middle man than give it to those crooks in the Post Office

from what i have seen, the kit does look very nice, so am looking forward to seeing some builds on here

"personally, i would rather pay the middle man than give it to those crooks in the Post Office"

..But does anyone really know why the Post Office charge that money? I had a very interesting chat with them when I got stung on something else I bought from the US. I was told that Customs tell the Post Office that they will collect their money on their behalf. This of course costs money as processing this stuff cost money and requires staff, but Customs don't pay the Post Office for collecting this revenue for them, hence the charge. In all fairness, if the Government want the Post Office to do their dirty work, then they should at least pay for it! They can't expect a business to do this for them for free can they?

Regards;

Steve

The "Postal Service" (sic) pay the duty/vat to the Government on the customers behalf, they then charge the customer the duty/vat and a charge for for paying the duty/vat on the customers behalf. It all makes perfect sense.

I was charged on a parcel late last year, despite it coming under the £40 threshold for gifts, which it was clearly marked as. I wrote to UK Border Agency and received a reply stating the charge had been made correctly, neglecting to acknowledge the customs form was marked as a gift - I sent a photocopy. I'm now going to have to appeal. There are a lot of very stupid civil servants.

As an aside;

If the item that you import, in this case the PCM Spitfire, is not available in the UK, should we have to pay these charges anyway?

Parcel Force currently have my Spit awaiting me to fork out an extra £21!! Sure it will be worth it...Griffon Spitfire...Mmmmmmmm

Regards;

Steve

Edited by fightersweep

The "Postal Service" (sic) pay the duty/vat to the Government on the customers behalf, they then charge the customer the duty/vat and a charge for for paying the duty/vat on the customers behalf. It all makes perfect sense.

Thanks for the clarification Kagemusha! So therefore I'm right in thinking that it is a little unfair to brand the Post Office as "Crooks"?

Regards;

Steve

As an aside;

If the item that you import, in this case the PCM Spitfire, is not available in the UK, should we have to pay these charges anyway?

Afraid so, unless you're a multi-millionaire like Sir Philip Green, then they let you get away with avoiding paying what you should.

He said it depended on MkI sales.

Were they that bad ?

Don't know about that. I emailed Ken before Telford asking if he was going to do one, or should I get the Grey Matter Conversion. He said they had no plans to make the MkII, and to get the conversion.

Edited by Kagemusha

Thanks for the clarification Kagemusha! So therefore I'm right in thinking that it is a little unfair to brand the Post Office as "Crooks"?

Regards;

Steve

[biting my tongue but just cannot stop myself here....]

well, anyone who charges you £7 to collect £7 in tax fits the definition of crook in my book

if you guys think that is ok, then by all means vote with your wallets

personally i would rather put money in Relish Models' pocket (or whoever), than the Govt and their Post Office stooges.

sorry to take this off topic (again) but i do feel quite strongly about it

sorry.gif

i promise i won't post in this thread again about this "issue"

now back to good things about the PCM Spitfire smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Greetings!

For all of you U.K., European customers, both Relish Models and Freightdog Models are now stock our MK.XIVc kit. I don't know how this will work out price wise, but I wish you all the best for it.

Sales of the Hurricanes have been very steady and stocks are decreasing at an acceptable rate. We have another project in the works, but may come back to a MK.II Hurri in the future. Thanks for your support!

Cheers,

Ken

PCM, Inc.