NEWS built the1/32 TEMPEST

topper71

Hi,

I have the project to built a Hawker Tempest at the 1//32 scale but at present there is no model in this scale or not still, I decided to use the typhoon Revell at base with wings modified by Fury Hobbycraft here are the first pictures of the transformation.

give me please your impressions.

s5002616.jpg

s5002617.jpg

s5002612.jpg

s5002615.jpg

s5002614.jpg

imgp5719.jpg

imgp5714.jpg

imgp5718.jpg

imgp5721.jpg

imgp5717.jpg

Regards topper71

Wow, what a pleasant surprise! Love that plane - such an elegant purposeful fighter, can't understand why manufacturers haven't been falling over themselves to produce a 1/32 kit, oh yeah cos we really need another 109... :thumbsup:

Looking forward very much to more pics! :speak_cool:

Now thats some real modelling Topper! :speak_cool: ,On the point of building something that doesn't exist in the marketplace.(don't know why there isn't a Tempest either).

Very creative. Will be watching with great interest. :popcorn: Cheers.

PS..Spiffing canopy work.

Edited by williamj

Hello,

looks like an interesting project and quite a familiar one too ;)

but with a different approach for the wings, that will be interesting to follow.

Good luck, and you will experince how good it is tohave a 1/32 Tempest on the shelf.

By the way Topper, does that 71 stand for "1971" or for "Saone et Loire"?

Edited by Loic

Wow, great work! I love this kind of modelling, and it looks like you have things well in hand.

You'd do well though to check out the fantastic conversion that Loic did a few years back, even if just for inspiration. It's amazing (I'm sure Loic can post the link if necessary). As it happens, I have a 1/32 Tempest conversion 3/4 finished too, only I didn't build it. A modelling buddy started it many years ago (probably not long after the Revell Typhoon came out), and I bought it off him a couple of years ago as part of a job lot. I really should finish it!

Kev

Hello, still some pics, I would like to create the decoration of Pierre Clostermann this one was a French ace, I wish to present the plane with a small scene the one where Clostermann comes back from mission smoking a cigarette or the other one or he sits near the cockpit

regards topper71

imgp5313.jpg

imgp5715.jpg

s5002614.jpg

img_ho10.jpg

img_ho11.jpg

img_ho12.jpg

img_ho13.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guy’s,

I have soon finished the left and right interior panel, but yet what I do ! I have engraved the fuselage panel, what would you make I owe to rivet the panels of the fuselage or not ?

because it’s long and boring, but it’s more realistic, give me your opinion and impressions

regards topper71

tempes11.jpg

imgp5910.jpg

imgp5911.jpgimgp5811.jpgimgp5813.jpgimgp5814.jpg

Well, the rivet lines are visible on the real thing but you have to be "reasonably" close.

If I was to build a Hawker Tempest :D , I would say no rivet lines or keep them VERY, VERY subtle.

Good job by the way :speak_cool:

Edited by Loic