Heinkel He 111P-2

Iain

OK - I've been slacking on Connie, the Ju 52 and the Lightning stuff - but I have been busy with this:

re2005455.JPG

he111airframe.jpg

It's, erm, a bit large to photograph on a kitchen worktop!

Hopefully paint at the weekend :)

Iain

Edited by 32SIG

looking REALLY good Iain! been toiling away on mine wondering how much work i'm gonna do on the inside.. seems that not much is really visible behind the pilots bulkhead tho. Coming along very nicely! what kind of paints are you planning on using? Tamiya... Model Master.. Humbrol?? just wondering cuz my 401k is in the crapper and i wanna buy stock in whichever company you're planning on using! probably only take about a gallon or two to cover her up! may be the first plane i actually use a paint roller on! :rofl: Keep up the good work!

cheers,

Jerry

Not much visible in main compartment, and the bomb cell area almost completely invisible as the windows painted over.

I've done the minimum from kit - with caveat that to do properly the main compartment would need lots of correcting/additional detail.

Fit so far has been good to excellent - I think theire may be a tad too much dihedral though - need to check...

This is the one I'm planning on doing (need to build some flame damper exhausts) :)

'White E' from KG55 in temporary night camouflage autumn 1940 (from http://crimso.msk.ru/Site/Arts/Art5705.htm):

27-2.jpg

From FalkeEins excellent blog:

kg55he111hasegawarefphoto.jpg

Iain

Seat belts help a lot - just the Eduard generic Luftwaffe one's there - am waiting on a review copy of the Revell detail set - but they are awaiting a re-stock here in the UK...

Kevin - compared to Connie she's very 'compact and bijou' - if I get a chance I'll get a comparison piccy ;)

Iain

I've caved in and just ordered a couple of packs of these babies from Hannants:

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/MR32013

MR32013.jpg

And a set of these - 1:48 but will help me scratch build mine:

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/QB48150

QB48150.JPG

Just sorting out minor joint blemishes tonight (whilst watching Battle of Britain) - then cowls and control surfaces (all already assembled and prepped) on by Fri evening.

Hopefully canopies on and painting over the weekend :)

Iain

Hiya James...

I have *lots* of photos but this one's already slated for a feature article in Military in Scale :)

Need to crack on and finish before I get my ears boxed by the boss ;)

Iain

Very nice! My detail set is en route from Spruebrothers; I may end up starting mine earlier than I thought!

There's just so much out there to distract me now--new Raiden in the mail...Skyraider coming. It's making my head spin!!!!! :frantic:

Tim W.

What with not being able to get any work done on her until this afternoon - and the wish to tweak a few things - I've failed miserably to get any paint on.

I've also given up on masking transparencies and ordered a set of Eduard masks...

Anyhoo - this is where we're at (not brill pix - just took a few quickies - 109 gives an idea of size):

re2005457.JPG

re2005458.JPG

re2005459.JPG

Iain