Mig-21MF

LSP_K2

Thanks a bunch guys. I'm very much looking forward to wrapping this one up, but airframe needs to be touched up, and in some areas repainted altogether, as I'm still not real happy with it.

• 3 weeks later...

Im starting this build right now...... Your build has really given me some inspiration..... I have the same decal set except I will be building a Slovakian bird..... the Black and white Moo Cow livery to be exact... I just started working on the Black box tub... i was horrified to see how the ejection seat is too big.. what did you do to correct this... WHy would they sell a cockpit with a seat that doesnt fit?? The aires seat doesnt fit either

Well, after a disaster with the other aircraft I'd been working on for my upcoming deadline (1:48 Fokker D.VII), I'll be swinging full force into finishing this project by the 8th, (I hope). I suspect I'll be doing regular updates as the week progresses.

Guest Peterpools

Hi Kev

Just finished re-reading all 20 pages of the Mig build to catch up and enjoy. Nothing like an well oiled machine rolling along!

Peter

That looks awesome! After building the Eduard Mig-21, I can see all of the little details that you added to make it look more accurate. Can't wait to see it painted up kevin. I'm glad you're still plugging away at this build.

Matt :party0023:

OK, more detailing (the beginnings anyway), done to canopy. I didn't want to wait until the last minute to do this, as it'll be very visible, so it needs to look good, or at least as good as I can make it.

081412013.jpg

I used your trick for the tank with the sprue... and added the weld.... It really made all the difference..... Rocket pods look great..... I will be adding rocket pods, and R-60's to mine with a centerline drop tank... I was going to use the Alkalis or atoll.... but the styrene missles were horrible. I dont think they could be spruced up much

Hi Kev!

Just looked through the whole build and must say that it is fantastic :goodjob: The pit looks outstending. Your atention to detales is so great too. Thank you for showing it to us. :yahoo: Soon it wil be ready and it will be an outstending model of Mig. :speak_cool: :thumbsup: