Mig-21MF

LSP_K2

there are so many Bort number decals out there..... or you could stencil them...... I would check out decals for fitters and other Soviet stuff first...... or you could print them on decal paper... why 352??

PS I have a huge file with about 600 photos of different Mig-21's and of all of those.... I came across only 2 with 3 digit Bort numbers that were Russian or Soviet...... Most had 2 digit or 4 digit 613 902 ...... I think they used the three digit ones for Mig-29's mostly,...... but Im no expert...

Edited by kaiyudsai

there are so many Bort number decals out there..... or you could stencil them...... I would check out decals for fitters and other Soviet stuff first...... or you could print them on decal paper... why 352??

PS I have a huge file with about 600 photos of different Mig-21's and of all of those.... I came across only 2 with 3 digit Bort numbers that were Russian or Soviet...... Most had 2 digit or 4 digit 613 902 ...... I think they used the three digit ones for Mig-29's mostly,...... but Im no expert...

See post #7, (page 1)

I'll do as you suggest, and look for other 1:32 Russian decals, or perhaps have Ad Astra make them for me. Thanks for the input. Also, this will be an Afghanistani machine, for whatever that's worth.

After thinking about this a bit, the Eagle Strike decals I'm using (32032), do have red numbers, just not the ones I wanted to use. I may just use them anyway. After all, this is not intended to be an exact copy of any particular machine, but rather a model to reflect the general appearance of Afghan Mig's, or at least that's what I'm telling myself now. :)

Kevin, that looks really good. Great job. Your right the decals complete the model. I enjoyed watching you work on this model at your house. With all the great modeling that goes on here, now I really feel the need to do a very good job on my F-18C in 1/32.