Aussie Revell Mirage 1/32..one more before I finish, promise!

ericg

I'll say what Matt said too - "the Mirage is such a sexy looking jet"

P.S. Matt, your cut off, no more Lemonade for you after 6pm. You've had too much :beer:

Sorry, my brain is fried from the last week of school, and I still have to get through the football game tomorrow.... Go Dogs!

Matt :party0023:

Hi guys,

For those after updates, I have spent just a tad over $500 Aussie dollars on setting up all of the required equipment to get a better quality cast of the stuff that I am doing. Pressure chamber, vacuum chamber etc. I have the Matra R530 up to a high standard where I will be able to get them out to those that are interested, the 2 that I have cast already certainly look very good. I will initially be running off 10 missiles and then concentrating on the other stuff that I have in store. These will suit not only the Mirage but also the French Navy Crusader. I will try and get some pictures up of the completed missile in the next day or so.

Eric.

Hi guys,

For those after updates, I have spent just a tad over $500 Aussie dollars on setting up all of the required equipment to get a better quality cast of the stuff that I am doing. Pressure chamber, vacuum chamber etc. I have the Matra R530 up to a high standard where I will be able to get them out to those that are interested, the 2 that I have cast already certainly look very good. I will initially be running off 10 missiles and then concentrating on the other stuff that I have in store. These will suit not only the Mirage but also the French Navy Crusader. I will try and get some pictures up of the completed missile in the next day or so.

Eric.

Just let us know how much...

Harold

Here is the further update on the now finished Matra Missile, I made a few copies and now present to you the finished missile in resin. As you can see I have included shots of how I have cast the missile. Couldn't help but offer the assembled one up to the centerline of the Mirage. I will be working on the centre pylon next as well as tweaking my original masters of the other parts that I have in store for this great jet. Feel free to comment on my project.

P9180230.jpg

P9180233.jpg

P9180238.jpg

P9180239.jpg

P9180242.jpg

Eric.

CCH,

I am just getting the centre pylon done and then they will be for sale.

Eric.

I have the Fischer cockpit set on it's way. Just out of interest, I do some casting myself. How many bars do you pressurize your molds at? Best I could do was 3 bars.

I have the Fischer cockpit set on it's way. Just out of interest, I do some casting myself. How many bars do you pressurize your molds at? Best I could do was 3 bars.

G'day,

I pressurise my molds when I am casting my resin to 60 PSI. Basically as much as I can. I am forever greatful to Harold from AMS for the guidance that he gave me on this subject and am only to happy to help should you have any further questions.

I have found the most important part of the whole process is de-gassing the silicone moulds.

Eric.

G'day again,

I figured that as I had done the missile, I needed to do the centre pylon as well. I present to you the pictures of the completed missile pylon with thanks to Kais for providing me with the excellent line drawing. I apologise about the `dirty' look of the pylon and missile, the wash didnt work out exactly as planned.

I have 3 copies of the missile and 3 of the pylon with more to come. If you are interested, PM me and I will advise of the price that I have come up with. The missile is available seperately or with the pylon.

P9210269.jpg

P9210276.jpg

P9210279.jpg

P9210280.jpg

Eric.

G'day again,

I figured that as I had done the missile, I needed to do the centre pylon as well. I present to you the pictures of the completed missile pylon with thanks to Kais for providing me with the excellent line drawing. I apologise about the `dirty' look of the pylon and missile, the wash didnt work out exactly as planned.

I have 3 copies of the missile and 3 of the pylon with more to come. If you are interested, PM me and I will advise of the price that I have come up with. The missile is available seperately or with the pylon.

P9210269.jpg

P9210276.jpg

P9210279.jpg

P9210280.jpg

Eric.

Very nice. PM sent.