Aussie Revell Mirage 1/32..one more before I finish, promise!

ericg

G'day,

Had a request to do some drooped elevon actuator covers, as the Mirage elevons droop 6 degrees when it is powered down. I modified my straight covers and re cast them and now offer them as an `option' Thought I would test fit them with my own brand of Aero3B rail and my new AIM 9B. The controls surfaces do not need to be removed to fit them, simply scribed and bent down. Looking forward to getting into my own build, which will be soon. Haven't picked up my airbrush for a few months. Those that have purchased parts from me and are looking at getting some more can have these at no charge if they want to do the elevons drooped.

PB260878.jpg

droopedwing.jpg

PB260888.jpg

Edited by ericg

C'mon Kev, my stuff isn't that expensive is it! EMAIL me your request and I will get back to you with your special price. Am doing a mail out on Monday.

It's not that your stuff is expensive...its that all of it is a MUST have now...to make a decent mirage...and if anyone out there is like me waiting to build 7 of 'em....it adds up...

Not that I'm complaining...finally the plane is getting some TLC

Hello Eric

My admiration. I really look forward to your finished model.

As I already wrote I would love to have all your new stuff. I got everything till the fuel tanks so I would love to have everything from that time (the option for drooping elevons) and two pairs of Winders. Let me know how much it would cost and please arrange for my payment as you did last time.

I would also stand in the line for C exhaust and would also appreciate the "broken" tail insert. I only have the straight line tail.

Good luck to your efforts

Jozef

Hi Jozef,

I am compiling a list of gents that have purchased items off me so far and will be doing a group email with everything that I have done for the Mirage to date so that I can get a list of what I need to cast to be able to fill the demand. Should see it tomorrow.

Eric.

Hi Jozef,

I am compiling a list of gents that have purchased items off me so far and will be doing a group email with everything that I have done for the Mirage to date so that I can get a list of what I need to cast to be able to fill the demand. Should see it tomorrow.

Eric.

Hi Eric

I wait patiently, you know me :rolleyes:

Jozef

Well, The end is almost here for the parts that I am making... well Ok maybe after some Matra 550's, outer cranked pylons, gun troughs, Mirage V nose, Excocet missile, semi deployed airbrakes, photo recon nose, Matra rocket nosed external tanks, and the list goes on! Seriously, here is what just emerged out of my pressure vessel laden with a 60 PSI atmosphere.

This is my newest addition to the `line', a one piece exhaust/tailcone combo. I decided that the kit tailcone was just not working for me what with that really skinny brake chute cannister, no detail etc. I made it longer, scribed the panel detail into it and tidied it up a bit. I had another manufacturers exhaust nozzle laying around so I modified it to make it more accurate, rebuilt the tailcone, scratchbuilt the first layer of corrugations and glued `em all together. Now, I have come to love the art of making resin parts so I devised a really sneaky way to mould this all as one piece, so what you see is what you get! I had to compromise slightly with the height of the brake chute cannister (it is not quite as low as I would like, but it is too low to fit the unmodified tail) so there will be a bit of fitting required with the tail in the way of a small shim under it and a shim added to the top join of the fuselage to make it fatter. Will consider taking the exhaust out and re-casting only the tailcone for those with the MC exhaust. The exhaust will need some small diameter rod added to each petal to give it the finishing touch.

Sorry about the pics, glamour pics will come later!

PB300110.jpg

PB300111.jpg

PB300116.jpg

PB300117.jpg