Split Personality Sukhoi

scvrobeson

Very cool scheme Matt, I like it very much. I am not into jets but after seeing your build I am tempted to give it a try. I am very curious how the final result together with the other scheme will be. Certainly food for Freud!

Cheers,

Hans

Very cool scheme Matt, I like it very much. I am not into jets but after seeing your build I am tempted to give it a try. I am very curious how the final result together with the other scheme will be. Certainly food for Freud!

Cheers,

Hans

Thanks Hans! I'm glad you like the build, I'm having a ton of fun with the Flanker. I think you should give it a shot, jet modeling is good to do. I've never really been into jets, but they've got so many different techniques needed than props, especially with the engines and afterburners. I hope that I won't screw up too badly with the other scheme, I have to wait for the AKAN paints to arrive though, hopefully within the next week or so.

Matt :party0023:

Looks good so far. I watch with pleasure and I'm glad I was not the only one who chose this registration.

Florin

Thanks Florin! I'm glad you like the paint scheme. I've got it unmasked now, and it came out great, didn't really nee any touch-ups from the other colors. I'll give it all a few days to harden up, hopefully giving the AKAN paints time to show up, then I can move on to the Kazakh scheme! :thumbsup:

LOVE IT Matt ! This is gonna be a killer. Keep poking at it....Harv :speak_cool:

Thanks Harv! Hopefully it'll be done in time for the Stockton show next year, so you can check it out! I'm really liking your P-38 too man, it's really coming together!

Hi Matt – loving this! Real nice colours scheme. :speak_cool:

Show how observant I am, didn’t realize it was a camo scheme. Just looked back at your ref pic – might need an eye test. :hmmm:

Taff :D

Thanks Taff! Glad you like it. The airshow colors sure are bright and colorful. :speak_cool:

It's okay, it doesn't really look like a camo scheme, but I know that the other half will really look like a camo scheme, with the four colors on it. Hope to get on it soon.

Hey everybody. Today I got the underside bright blue done on the Russian Falcons side of the plane, so that side is now complete! It's so cool to see that side of the plane all done, now it's just for the actual camo scheme once the AKAN paints are here. Anyone have any tips for working with those paints, I don't have any experience with them.

Su-27UB124.jpg

The color really isn't that green in real life, I'm not sure what made the picture come out like that, it actually looks pretty close to the actual color I've seen in pictures.

Su-27UB125.jpg

Su-27UB126.jpg

Su-27UB127.jpg

Su-27UB128.jpg

The color on the underside is actually really nice, and the demarcation line came out great! :thumbsup:

Su-27UB129.jpg

And the topside with all of the tape off!!!! This scheme is so cool!!!!

Su-27UB130.jpg

Su-27UB132.jpg

Su-27UB131.jpg

Su-27UB130.jpg

I hope you all like how the scheme is coming out. I'm having tons of fun working on this one, and I hope that you guys are enjoying watching and reading about it. All comments and critiques are welcomed and encouraged. Hope to get some more progress done either next week or the week after, once school is done for the semester.

Looks great Matt! I have done some spraying with AKAN and to me it works best straight out of the bottle. I got a smooth finish that is dry to the touch in about half an hour. For re- or overspray it needs to harden a few days between layers, just like Vallejo acylic paints. And just like Vallejo it is vulnerable to scratches and flaking off with masking tape when not dry (hardened) enough.

Regards,

Hans

Matt, that paint scheme is truly Funkadelic! (That means it's cool and I like it).

Regards,

Jason

Thanks Jason! I'm glad that you like it. It really is a cool scheme, the Russian Falcons scheme is really bright, will contrast well with the Kazakh camo on the other side.