Split Personality Sukhoi

scvrobeson

Nice one Matt!

The Flanker is looking really colorful now. :) Great to see some color on her...........

Cheers,

Brian

Thanks Brian!! Glad you like it, your build has been so cool to watch come together, just wish I could have gotten mine together in time for the group build to end, but I'm getting closer. Your Su-30 came out so great, hopefully you'll show that one off at some shows, it should do very, very well. :thumbsup:

Hope to get the rest of the painting done over the weekend, in between time with family.

Matt :party0023:

Too cool, Matt.

Holiday Cheers!

Sincerely,

Mark

Thanks Mark! I'm glad you're enjoying it. Happy Holidays to you too!

I've really been enjoying your Wefer-Grenate build, and your 109 is insanely cool. You really have a gift with detailing and with the airbrush.

And I'm back with more work on this one! I got the gun panel painted up today, did a little more work on the exhuasts, and got the radome grey sprayed onto the Kazakh side today, I was very productive!

The gun blast panel is sprayed on using Alclad, like always. It's a base of Duraluminum, then a mix of the DA and Steel were mottled on, then pure steel was mottled on some more, then sprayed over the panel lines to darken it a bit more. I think it looks really good now. I'm not sure if the airshow scheme would have such a weathered gun panel, but I think it looks good, and it matches most of what I've seen on Flankers in my books.

Su-27UB161.jpg

Su-27UB160.jpg

Su-27UB159.jpg

Su-27UB168.jpg

Su-27UB163.jpg

I love Alcald so much, there's really nothing else out there that can give that same look of metal as Alclad, or is as easy to work with. i don't think there's an easier paint to spray either.

Su-27UB166.jpg

Su-27UB165.jpg

Su-27UB164.jpg

Su-27UB167.jpg

And here's the radome on the Kazakh side. This was done using a mix of Tamiya Dark Grey (XF-24) and Nato Black (XF-69), which gave me the dark grey-green I needed for these parts. The Nato Black is actually an extremely dark green, not really a grey, so it gave me the right shade when put with the dark grey.

That's all for now. The next step is to spray the false canopy on the bottom, and the rear wheel wells for both sides, then I can move on to decaling and the weathering stages. Each little piece painted really makes this scheme more complete, at least I think it does.

Thanks for reading in everyone. I know the group build is over, but I still want to get this build done before I have to go back to school.

All comments and critiques are welcomed.

OH Matt! Thanks for the update. It is looking COOL. Haver fun.....Harv :popcorn: :goodjob:

Thanks Harv! I'm glad you like it. I'm really loving this paint scheme, and each little piece really makes it come to life even more. Can't wait to get the markings on it, but it will be a shame to cut up the Kazakh unit crest on the speed break, it's so cool, the big snow leopard head.

Thanks for reading in man, hope to get some more work on this over these next couple of weeks, maybe I can even finish this one off. :thumbsup:

Matt

Awesome work with the old air brush. Sukhoi is looking just awesome.

Peter

:speak_cool: :popcorn: :speak_cool:

Thanks Peter! Can't even imagine how good this could work if I had a top-level airbrush like an H&S or Iwata.... I think I'm doing okay with my little Paasche Millennium. Guess sometimes it's the person as much as the equipment, but sometimes good equipment can make someone mediocre like me look good.

I'm glad you like it. Hope to get some more progress done on this soon, and maybe finish it off by the time the big contest rolls around in March.

Matt

ONE of the BEST Flanker builds I have ever seen and it is looking SOOOOOO DARNED GOOOOOD !!! :party0023:

Wow, thank you Maru! Those are such amazing comments, there have been so many great Flanker builds on here, I don't think I'm even close. But thank you so much for the kind words. I'm just hoping to get this one finished up soon, without a big screw-up. I usually have one per build, and I haven't gotten this ones yet. Hopefully I can avoid it altogether. I am hoping to get some work done this weekend, really down to the last couple of painted bits, just the code number on the side of the Russian Falcons, and then the wheel bays.Then it's decal and weathering time, then hopefully all done.