Hints of a new 1/32 release

DrDave

Can someone please refresh my memory. How long after the spitfire was announced did it take to hit the shelves?

I image that it would be roughly the same length of time?

If I remember correctly less than five months, but this wont be the case with this new tooling, one will probably be able to purchase it by late August from online retailers.

It usually took less than three months for announced/displayed kits at Shizuoka to reach modellers. My bet is also on Mustangs, but which one remains to be seen, would not be surprised that instead od D we get B first,

whatever Tamiya decided to grace us with, I am more than sure it will be outstanding. I hope that Tamiya will continue with their Spitfire line soon, as those are the kits that brought me back into modelling, and at least for me present benchmark to which all other kits are compared to, so another wishlist,

Spitfire Mk.I/ both early and late options in one box/

Spitfire Mk.Vb

Spitfire Mk.Vc

Spitfire Mk.XIV early

Ok....first of all, way too many people thinking its ANOTHER Spitfire. Bob said he wasn't at liberty to tell so why would he use a Spitfire as one of his examples as to what it might be? Even suggesting the aircraft could be considered crossing the line at this point so I suspect it is neither one of his teaser examples.

Now given the current Tami Spits shares "basically" the same engine as the P-51D, it makes sense to reuse those items that are compatible. The Tami Spit engines are probably the nicest Merlins in any scale so it makes sense. And as much as some modelers want lesser known subjects, when it comes to 1:32 scale, Tamiya will only do the popular ones....the ones that have a lot of available data and WILL SELL.

Lastly, There has LONG been a cry for a correct and detailed P-51 in this scale. Others have tried but fell far short. The Dragon kit was suppose to be that kit that ended the drought, but we know how that turned out. The table has been set for Tamiya for some time to meet this need and they took their own sweet time about it, but I suspect....FINALLY they are going to do the definitive P-51 Mustang in 1/32.....or any scale for that matter. When the Tamiya 1:32 P-51D comes out, sign me up for a two.....maybe more

BTW, I have been toying with them doing a 'Stang for a long time and this will be one of my wishes fulfilled...... now if they will just do a F-22 ala their F-16.....I can die happy.....at least modeling-wise

Tamposter.jpg

:rolleyes:

Edited by ghostmech

I heard from the tooth fairy that that an elf at the north pole, contracted a Yeti to do the tooling for a new 32nd scale Easterbasket Mk.I, researched by THE Easter Bunny, for release later in the year by Santa, in his 32nd scale Holiday Great Pumpkin line. Apparently this will be end all be all of releases, rendering all other offerings of the Easter Basket obsolete. Apparently, the tooth fairey heard this from a Sasquatch industry insider, who in turn knows the girlfriend of a Leprechan, who is a second cousin to the elf. :coolio:

We should all be grateful that the tooth fairey passed on this information to us, so we can sit here and banter back and forth over something that has not been announced or released for that matter. :BANGHEAD2:

Harumph....And I thought Tamiya would be releasing a new 32nd scale He219 with all the bells and whistles. I have been fighting a vac for many years off and on, so why isn't it coming down the pipeline?.......

Thor, who had a little too much caffeine this a.m........ :frantic:

From what I know, it is going to be a Corsair.

Mike

Well, if they aren't going to make a P-51, then that would be cool too....the Corsair would definitely compliment the Zero, but I still think its a P-51D.

Edited by ghostmech

Harumph....And I thought Tamiya would be releasing a new 32nd scale He219 with all the bells and whistles. I have been fighting a vac for many years off and on, so why isn't it coming down the pipeline?.......

The way it works is that you need to finish the model, then the new tool kit of it will be announced ;)

Well, if they aren't going to make a P-51, then that would be cool too....the Corsair would definitely compliment the Zero, but I still think its a P-51D.

Didnt you do a fake Ar196 box a few years ago? That came true! Can you fake up a Lavochkin too? :beer4:

Ok....first of all, way too many people thinking its ANOTHER Spitfire. Bob said he wasn't at liberty to tell so why would he use a Spitfire as one of his examples as to what it might be? Even suggesting the aircraft could be considered crossing the line at this point so I suspect it is neither one of his teaser examples.

Now given the current Tami Spits shares "basically" the same engine as the P-51D, it makes sense to reuse those items that are compatible. The Tami Spit engines are probably the nicest Merlins in any scale so it makes sense. And as much as some modelers want lesser known subjects, when it comes to 1:32 scale, Tamiya will only do the popular ones....the ones that have a lot of available data and WILL SELL.

Lastly, There has LONG been a cry for a correct and detailed P-51 in this scale. Others have tried but fell far short. The Dragon kit was suppose to be that kit that ended the drought, but we know how that turned out. The table has been set for Tamiya for some time to meet this need and they took their own sweet time about it, but I suspect....FINALLY they are going to do the definitive P-51 Mustang in 1/32.....or any scale for that matter. When the Tamiya 1:32 P-51D comes out, sign me up for a two.....maybe more

BTW, I have been toying with them doing a 'Stang for a long time and this will be one of my wishes fulfilled...... now if they will just do a F-22 ala their F-16.....I can die happy.....at least modeling-wise

Tamposter.jpg

:rolleyes:

Unless I'm missing something and that poster's fake......surely that poster nails it?

Unless I'm missing something and that poster's fake......surely that poster nails it?

Yep, the poster is fake. Ghostmech is infamous for mocking these up and trotting them out on or about the start of April. This one's from a few years ago, and I remember it causing quite a stir.

Kev

Yep, the poster is fake. Ghostmech is infamous for mocking these up and trotting them out on or about the start of April. This one's from a few years ago, and I remember it causing quite a stir.

Kev

I had a slight feeling it was. I'm all for people doing April Fools jokes in a nice way (like I said in the Phantom thread) but that poster's not so nice if you're a Mustang fan and you think you're getting an all new 1/32 kit from Tamiya.

IIRC, some time ago I posted a theory regarding Tamiya possible offerings, and used the phrase"Iconic aircraft". TO ME, the Zero is the iconic Japanese aircraft of WWII, the Spitty and Mustang are as well for their respective countries. Since Tamiya released the A6m5 first, and the A6m2 later, I theorized further that they might do the same with the Spitty, and Mustang respectively. Well the Spitty is out, and I'm sure Tamiya has the foresight to try and strreeetccchh the mold to get as many variants as possible. I'd love to see a Mk I, and Mk Vb from them also. I'd theorize that IF Tamiya does a Mustang, it would be in the same format: later version first, and then the early version. I don't know about the German aircraft. The Hase -109 series is pretty good, and has been around for awhile. To me, that means a tough nut to crack market wise.(I have 6 hase 109s, and 3 eduard 109s)

Would I like to see what Tamiya could do with the -109 airframe? You bet! How many might I buy? Prolly one. So, if the latest bathroom wall rumor is correct, and Tamiya is doing a Mustang, I'm happy. Since our very own Ironwing is the resident professor of all things Mustang, HIS passing this hypothetical kit makes it all good for me.*

* Nothing against any other aircraft types, just my opinion regarding the Icon-ability-ness.

Would I like to see what Tamiya could do with the -109 airframe? You bet! How many might I buy? Prolly one.

It's hard to see Tamiya bringing out a Luftwaffe subject in 1/32. Hasegawa, Dragon and Trumpeter seem to have that market sewn up at the moment, with a bunch of kits that really don't make you wish Tamiya had one. The market's much larger and more competitive in 1/48, so I can understand Tamiya going toe-to-toe with the likes of Hasegawa there. Perhaps they'll scale up their magnificent He 219? :please: If they did, it could potentially be even better than the I.D. Models kit.

Kev

Kev

"Infamous"??? Surely not. My April fools posters were legendary and damn nice work if I do say so myself :D ;)