Just been tidying the stash

Iain

Lets face it guys, you just can't have too many kits in the stash. After all, variety is the spice of life. Who wants to have their choices limited when your sitting there thinking "what to build next?". The only problem, at least for me (besides finding time to build them) it how to convince SWMBO that when it comes to kits, "want" = "need". For some reason, she doesn't see it that way (but you should see her shoe closet!)

Bob

“Need” is irrelevant. :punk:

I'm going to have to list the XP-55 Curtis Ascender in the pic below as my, "boy, I wish I had that", stash item!

By the way, Iain, what ever became of the Connie?

Mike

Forgotten I had some of this stuff...

Some of the loft contents - vacs and a few resins excepted...

Must crack on ;)

re2005151.JPG

Iain

I'm going to have to list the XP-55 Curtis Ascender in the pic below as my, "boy, I wish I had that", stash item!

Hi Mike,

It's a fairly crude (albeit accurate shape) one piece casting that I believe was done for a range of static display models? My plan (one day) is to hollow-out cockpit and wheel bays, make a cleay canopy and hopefully end up with a reasonable facsimile.

Just to the right there's a Vultee XP-54 :)

Both are 1:32 - and the XP-54 is a fair size!

By the way, Iain, what ever became of the Connie?

Mike

Connie is in the 'other stash' in the room I use for modelling - along with a few other on-going projects.

Progress-wise I'm drawing up masters for cockpit, undercarriage bay and engines so these can be photo-etched.

Iain

Edited by 32SIG

Oh my Goodness! over 500 1/32's -that is a lot of kits, and it does make me feel a little better.

I think it is a very good idea to photograph the stash, I have all mine in plastic storage boxes in the shed I have 6 x 42litres boxes that are full of 1/72 and 1/48 aircraft, i am a recent convert to the middle age scale. I feel it is time to do an audit and photograph session. Thank you for posting the photos.

Oh my Goodness! over 500 1/32's

Cool...thats the ticket. :evil_laugh: I swear...Motorcycles, Fast cars, good looking wives, lots of kits, musicians - ...they'll do a psych paper on us one day.

Cheers Matty

. . .The only problem, at least for me (besides finding time to build them) it how to convince SWMBO that when it comes to kits, "want" = "need". For some reason, she doesn't see it that way (but you should see her shoe closet!)

Bob

IMHO, the key (assuming that both parties in the marriage/relationship are reasonably fiscally responsible) is to have separate bank accounts and divvy up the bills in proportion to the income levels of the spouses/significant others. That way, as long as the bills are getting paid (and your house doesn't look like an episode of "Hoarders, Buried Alive"), everything is copacetic. :P I have an ample stash, and my wife rolls her eyes at me sometimes, but doesn't complain. She has lots of shoes, clothes, etc., and I roll my eyes, but don't complain.

Regards;

Automaton

Edited by automaton

I'm trying not to be negative here but my own stash puts me off sometimes, in that i cant decide what next to make! and it kinda makes me rush a kit so i can move on, so, i go between spurts of no builds for a year, then 6 at once!, but thats just me.

My cure is selling on, which gets easier as i transit all my stash into 1/32 from 1/48th-i.m ending up with fewer but more expensive kits...If only I could stop adding to it I'd make more....but seeing Ians stash-i'm with most of the replies here and would only be too willing to relieve you of the odd one or six hee hee...jeez what a hobby, just fantastic.

and ian see that wee box third on the left.............

I'm trying not to be negative here but my own stash puts me off sometimes, in that i cant decide what next to make!

Indeedy - can relate to that!!!

Nice to be able to go browse now and then - but sometimes difficult to see wood for trees (and I'm easily sidetracked at the best of times!).

:help:

Iain

That's probably the only good thing about living on social aid - you can't collect such huge stashes, you won't stand in front of the stash and wonder what to build next, and it keeps you focused on your current project...

...but at current prices, you have to save a friggin' long time for the next kit... :(

Hi Mike,

It's a fairly crude (albeit accurate shape) one piece casting that I believe was done for a range of static display models? My plan (one day) is to hollow-out cockpit and wheel bays, make a cleay canopy and hopefully end up with a reasonable facsimile.

Just to the right there's a Vultee XP-54 :)

Both are 1:32 - and the XP-54 is a fair size!

Very cool!

I'd like to have an XP-55 to go with my Shinden.

I've seen both of them at NASM Silver Hill, before it was closed to the public.

The XP-55 is currently on display at a small air museum,

but the Shinden is still in pieces at Silver Hill.

Connie is in the 'other stash' in the room I use for modelling - along with a few other on-going projects.

Progress-wise I'm drawing up masters for cockpit, undercarriage bay and engines so these can be photo-etched.

Iain

Your Connie project was one of the first things that ever caught my eye on the internet.

I still have 3 or 4 of your in-process pages printed out and in my model project notebook.

I'm getting ready to thin out my model stash from 250 years worth of building material,

down to about 100 years worth.

That way, it will only be about five times more than I can build in my remaining life expectancy!

Great Collection,

Mike