Hasegawa Bf109G-14 #8068

Out2gtcha

Im looking to (eventually) make a Swiss Bf 109 G-14 project and was looking for some opinions on this as Im by NO means a 109-O-phile, and I KNOW there are people out there who know all there is to know. Im not going over board with 109 accuracy on this kit, so dont need teh super details, just the basics. I will probably ever only make 1 109 and I have a specific one in mind and can pick a G-14 up for under 50 bucks HERE.

Im going to build this one like I build all my models.....if it looks good to the eye then im good with it. I want it to be accurate, but Im not going to fuss over any rivet counting details.

Some questions:

1. Is this a new or "old tool" kit?

2. Raised or recessed panel lines?

3. Accuracy?

4. Ease of build?

5. Is $45.00 US a good price for teh G-14 Has kit?

6. Can I buy a G-6 Has kit and install RadusBf 109 G-10 / 14 Earla Canopy and wheel wells?

7. Any other significant differences between the G-6 and 14 that a non rivet counter could get away with besides the canopy?

8. A better option out there to get a G-14 besides this Has kit?

Cheers,

and thanks in advance.

Brian

Edited by Out2gtcha

3---good.

4----good.

5---yes.

6----no,G-6 kit does nor come with proper tail.

7---Tall tail.

8---not really.

Dude you rock Bill. Very concise and just the kind of explanation I was looking for! :D

I am however planning on still adding things like Radu's wells, and canopy, EagleParts Boss (and maybe the lower intake scoop as well if appropriate for the G-14), some Eduard PE in and out, some resin wheels (which I forgot to ask about ), and lastly but def NOT leastly, a set of those glorious looking G-Factor landing gear.

Speaking of wheels, Im not trying to start any debates but would like to know who makes the best AM wheels appropriate for a "late" G-14?

Cheers,

Brian

I know many of your questions have been answered already, and for what it is worth, the Hartmann aircraft I built in the Tribute to Russville Group Build is the aircraft model you're planning to buy. You may be able to glean the character and quality of the kit from the thread and find it helpful.

Among the references I used, one was from our own Thierry Laurent, (reviewed and updated by Mike Maben & Charles Metz) his Tweaks List for the G-14.

http://www.largescaleplanes.com/Marketplace/Tweaks/HasegawaMe109-G14.php

Sincerely,

Mark

I know many of your questions have been answered already, and for what it is worth, the Hartmann aircraft I built in the Tribute to Russville Group Build is the aircraft model you're planning to buy. You may be able to glean the character and quality of the kit from the thread and find it helpful.

Among the references I used, one was from our own Thierry Laurent, (reviewed and updated by Mike Maben & Charles Metz) his Tweaks List for the G-14.

http://www.largescal...waMe109-G14.php

Sincerely,

Mark

Thanks Mark!

I will def check out your build for sure.

I did also see Theirry's tweak list as well.

Im going to make this 109 "accurate" but im not rivet counter especially when it comes to the 109, as some of the most insane idiotic threads Ive ever seen were surrounding Bf 109s and various accuracy and corrections issues, coming almost to the point of ridiculousness...............

With that being said, for as very well thought out as Theirrys tweak list is, other than stuff I usually like to do like front office kit, PE, resin wheels, and in this builds case, some of Radu's wells and conopy and a EagleParts Boss, and a set of GF legs, most of the things on that list are inconsequential to me and not something I would ever mess with or change. With the possible exception of getting (again IF applicable) the EagleParts battery box and oil cooler.

Thanks again Mark..........goin to check out your build. :D

Cheers,

Brian

Brian,

You may want to look into a Eagle Parts corrected spinner as the Hase kits have problems. And while MDC also has a spinner correction it has been revised at least twice and unless you get it from MDC you may not get the last/better spinner. The EP spinner has only been done the one time. Brian whats a Eagle Parts Boss?

Mike Horina

Edited by mhorina

Brian,

You may want to look into a Eagle Parts corrected spinner as the Hase kits have problems. And while MDC also has a spinner correction it has been revised at least twice and unless you get it from MDC you may not get the last/better spinner. The EP spinner has only been done the one time.

Mike Horina

Thanks MIke..............and yes you are correct for sure...........as I mentioned above the EagleParts Boss is in this kits future for SURE!

PhilB used it on his F-4 Trop, and it does look brilliant.........:wub:

Cheers,

Brian

Hey Brian,

I have a deal for you buddy. How would you like all of my BF109 plastic kits? I am willing to send you all of it for free. When you get it,if you feel so inclined,you can send me the postage cost via paypal but that would be up to you?

J

Hey Brian,

I have a deal for you buddy. How would you like all of my BF109 plastic kits? I am willing to send you all of it for free. When you get it,if you feel so inclined,you can send me the postage cost via paypal but that would be up to you?

J

Wow! Really Jerry?? Of course..............thats mighty generous of you my friend. Not necessary but VERY generous! Thanks Jerry!

Your OOB and still make some of the best and in a lot of cases the most accurate stuff too. :D

Ive got Ad Astra making me a custom mask set for this G-14 project as well. PM me Jerry and Ill take care of any postage or expense you incur.

Cheers!

Brian

Wow! Really Jerry?? Of course..............thats mighty generous of you my friend. Not necessary but VERY generous! Thanks Jerry!

Your OOB and still make some of the best and in a lot of cases the most accurate stuff too. :D

Ive got Ad Astra making me a custom mask set for this G-14 project as well. PM me Jerry and Ill take care of any postage or expense you incur.

Cheers!

Brian

Ok then,

E-mail me at jrutman53@yahoo.com with your snail mail info.

J