Eh..excuse me Tom?

This little snippet caught my eye. Dunno if this is new, or that the news originated here, on planet earth.

The kit still has problems it shouldn't have as the product of a major company like Dragon, but it can obviously be built, if one has the aftermarket parts to correct the more glaring inaccuracies. Whether one wishes to go to this expense - given that the new Zooki Miura company has announced a P-51D in their future releases - is individual choice, but if you like the early P-51D, it is the only game in town. And for those who still think “TC killed the hobby,”

Here's the link. It's in the last part of the review (conclusions).

http://www.modelingmadness.com/reviews/allies/cleaver/us/tmc51d.htm

Not my cuppa tea the 51, nut if true, i think people will be happy.

MBB

Well, there is no "official" announcement. ZM placed a riddle on their website and many reached the conclusion that the answer to that riddle is "Mustang".

This was discussed on a number of forums, including this one. It may be true, but until we get an official announcement, it is all speculation.

But no, so far, we have no official announcement from ZM.

Radu

Yes, I too have not heard anything formal from ZM. As far as the last known thing ZM was putting out it seemed clear to me #3 release was a Sky Raider, but still nothing even "official" about that other than some direct quotes from Hideyuki Shigeta, President of Zoukei-mura

Im just going off of the fact that he says this (again no official release and no mention of any 51:

"And the third release!? Yes, yes, that one. That super-famous tough guy. It's a big, huge opponent, appropriate for the SWS Development Team to challenge with all their might for the third release.

The setting in which it appeared, the superiority of its design ideology, and most of all, the way it crowded the battlegrounds as the first active reciprocating engine craft; it was all that with which it fully made the value of its existence known throughout the aviation world."

Followed by:

"The only thing it can't do is fly in the sky." There was a famous kit acclaimed in the advertisements just like that. The scale itself was 1/40, which if you consider it now is a mid-way size, but it was a famous kit released by American company Revell."

Followed by this pic and comments:

img_pht809_s.jpg

"With a strong physique fitting for its reputation as a tough guy, surely for an enemy there would be nothing more frightening, and for an ally nothing more reassuring."

And then this pic and comment:

img_pht810_s.jpg

"Even now a famous kit and well-known item. This image is of the Revell one built by the commander-in-chief forty years ago."

The red highlighted areas say pretty clearly to me that #3 IS a Spad for sure.

Cheers,

Brian

I can tell you that Zoukei-mura haven't officially made any announce regarding a Skyraider or a P-51. I can guarantee that. Announces will be made in the not too dustant future. For some, they won't be a surprise, for some they will.

Good heavens. When I intimated on another web site that it appeared as though the A-1 might be their next release I got smacked down like a fly on the wedding cake. I was told in no uncertain terms that all that talk about the Skyraider was *not* anything like a hint that it was their next kit release.

Whatever...

Well all of that stuff that I pulled was direct quotes from Hideyuki Shigeta on that on line article he wrote.

Basically all were just conclusions I came up with myself when he put those quotes highlighted in red, together with actual pictures of a Spad. Looked pretty easy to figure out that release 3 was a Skyraider.

But again, that was all just MHO and I still fully expect there are people out there who dont agree with me and think it will be something else. I guess nothing will be official and no ones guesses will be confirmed until Mr. Shigeta confirms things himself for us.

Brian

Well all of that stuff that I pulled was direct quotes from Hideyuki Shigeta on that on line article he wrote.

Basically all were just conclusions I came up with myself when he put those quotes highlighted in red, together with actual pictures of a Spad. Looked pretty easy to figure out that release 3 was a Skyraider.

But again, that was all just MHO and I still fully expect there are people out there who dont agree with me and think it will be something else. I guess nothing will be official and no ones guesses will be confirmed until Mr. Shigeta confirms things himself for us.

Brian

No ones saying they disagree here. Things just haven't been officially confirmed yet. That will be very soon.