Fisher Releases

Bryan

Anyone notice that the Fisher website says they will be releasing a 1/32 scale model of the Red Baron P-51 racer? If so, how long has that been in the works? I would certainly build it if it ever comes out. IMHO that airplane was among the coolest of the Reno racers ever built, particularly if it will be the Griffon powered iteration with the counter-rotating props.

Dishearting though when one considers the likely timeline. We have been waiting, what two years plus, for the release of the "classic British twin"?

Just finished talking with Mr.Fisher...now here's one good guy...

You got that right!!

Paul and Susy Fisher are 2 of the nicest people on the planet. Anyone who thinks there kits arent worth the higher price they ask............simply hasnt ever built one yet, cause if youve ever built a Paul Fisher resin model you know in the end you spend what you might normally on a injection kit with a cockpit/PE/accessories but in Pauls kits case for that price you get everything you need, right in the kit itself.

Paul has helped me out many times with various questions or replacement parts for his kits. NOTHING but an absolute pleasure to deal with.

I was a bit disappointed to find out the "classic British twin" wasnt a mossie, but I do have 2 of revells fairly nice 1/32 kits along with 2 Paragon conversions, so the disappointment didnt last too long...........ESPECIALLY when I got to pre-order a Red Baron!

Cheers,

Brian

Paul did mention what his "classic British twin" is going to be but never mentioned if I should mention it...but it's going to great I'm sure.Really looking forward to the Baron...

Yeah ive know for quite a long time............but never felt I had any right to spill the beans either. Just respect for Paul and all the hard work he has put it his kits.

Im REALLY looking forward to the Baron myself. Ive got 3 of Pauls other kits, including September Fury.....after being in Reno in 07 to watch September Fury take Gold, (guess if I cant have my all time favorite Unlimited not to mention fav plane of all time F7F T-cat BBossman win...Ill take Sept Fury) I cant wait to get my hands on the Baron...... ;)

Cheers,

Brian

I just ordered the Red Baron too....somehow I failed to see the "pre-order" link....

I agree he is a very nice and helpful guy, and the models are worth every penny in my book. When completed, I always find resin models more satisfying than injection molded kits. Partly because they take more effort to build, but mainly I think I like the extra weight and feeling of solidity they tend to have.

• 3 months later...
Well, my credit card just received a very healthy hit from Fisher Models.....

That can only mean the Red Baron has either shipped or is about to ship....... :evil_laugh:

Hmmmmm :evil_laugh: nothing on my CC yet.........

Me thinks I might have to watch and see or contact Mr fisher. :D

Brian