1/32 Su-25 frogfoot

song

Well when you choose two photos with obviously different focal lengths and angles and overlay them of course you get results like you showed.

Yes, that is exactly the point I was trying to make. :frantic:

Mr Song's photo of the model had "obviously different focal lengths and angles" yet it was placed on a drawing that had its own "obviously different focal lengths and angles" (I am referring to the "comparison" posted in post #2 in the thread http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index....&p=1950527).

Of course that led to results showed on ARC.

Radu

post-542-1269287437.gif

post-542-1269287451.jpg

post-542-1269287468.jpg

just to muddy the waters even more :frantic: Remember there is a new variant of this plane called the Su-39 which comes with noticeable changes. Converting one to the other would be simple l think

Mr. Song, representing holes for raised rivets can be acceptable in 1/72 or 1/48 scale but it will not look convincing in 1/32 scale. I hope you would consider raised rivets where appropriate as you did with the A-10 kit. You can easily wipe them off if you don’t like them but impossible to make them.

MAK

You can easily wipe them off if you don’t like them but impossible to make them.

Not impossible.........there are a number of options to create / restore raised rivets including some fairly new dry transfer rub on type.

Doing it on an entire aircraft.....well that's a different story.....

• 5 months later...

I like it and I think it looks good. I do not like the rubber tires much on any kit. I really get annoyed at the armchair experts that measure a kit photo agianst a real photo. It proves nothing only that diffenet focal lenghts etc, etc dsitort everything. Surprisingly when they did this to the Trumpy F-14 they found out that the windscreen and nose section is more accurate the Tamiya's kit! HeHeHe!

I don't even like the Su-25 but it is so ugly you just have to have one!

Mr Song, You go for it and keep making em and we will keep buying them.

I really look forward to the Jaguar and will buy a couple of them.

Mr Song, One question: Will the A-6 Intruder be released this year? This kit I want desperately!

Thanks for posting on LSP I find all the people here great and helpful. A great bunch of people!!

Somehow the Su-25 flew in under my radar.... I just saw it today!

- I really like the subject!

- I also like the options of open cannon-bay and avionics.

- I agree with the others that plastic tires are easier to work with. To get the same details as on vinyl is probably much more difficult (undercuts needed to represent the rain-profile would lead to tires that have to be built up from something like 5 discs? If so, that'll probably more expensive in tooling). I'd rather have vinyl tires ànd interesting options in the kit. Resin tires can either be cast by the modeller himself using the plastic and vinyl kit parts ore purchased from aftermarket guys.

- I REALLY like to see Soviet decal options on these Russian aircraft. I'm quite happy to build the Mig-23MF as a Czech aircraft but would rather have a Soviet option on the Mig-23ML, there flew some interesting examples with nose/intake art in Afghanistan. The best thing for me personally would be to have 1 Soviet option and 1 or 2 Warsaw-Pact Ally options per kit.

- Of course we all want the outline to be as accurate as possible. If that should mean that options like the open cannon-bays etc. had to be sacrificed, so be it. But somehow I don't think that getting accurate shapes costs more so the options should have to go?

- As on the subject of plastic shrinkage: I remember that a whole lot of Hasegawa 1/48 aircraft were slightly smaller than the same subjects manufactured by Tamiya?... If the kit is slightly too small because of plastic shrinkage, wouldn't it be slightly too small in all aspects? Which means that the shape and relative measurements are intact, only that the kit is now 1:33 or 1:35 instead of 1:32. I don't think you'll notice it when looking at the kit. It's only a bit of a challenge to the aftermarket-guys, they can't measure their articles on drawings or such, but need the actual kit to measure for decals, resin etc.

On regard to shrinkage ;

a ) Plastic parts do not shrink the same proportion in all directions.

b ) Shrinkage for High, medium and low impact polystyrene ( stuff most models are injected or thermo formed from ) decently molded parts in no larger than 2%.

By the way and in order to eliminate the excuse of raw materials increases for exhorbitant increases in models, the cost of above materials for each ( I should say any ) model is minimal. The cost of plastic for any model can be easily less than US$ 1.00 per pound of parts.

Best regards.

Somehow the Su-25 flew in under my radar.... I just saw it today!

- I really like the subject!

- I also like the options of open cannon-bay and avionics.

- I agree with the others that plastic tires are easier to work with. To get the same details as on vinyl is probably much more difficult (undercuts needed to represent the rain-profile would lead to tires that have to be built up from something like 5 discs? If so, that'll probably more expensive in tooling). I'd rather have vinyl tires ànd interesting options in the kit. Resin tires can either be cast by the modeller himself using the plastic and vinyl kit parts ore purchased from aftermarket guys.

- I REALLY like to see Soviet decal options on these Russian aircraft. I'm quite happy to build the Mig-23MF as a Czech aircraft but would rather have a Soviet option on the Mig-23ML, there flew some interesting examples with nose/intake art in Afghanistan. The best thing for me personally would be to have 1 Soviet option and 1 or 2 Warsaw-Pact Ally options per kit.

- Of course we all want the outline to be as accurate as possible. If that should mean that options like the open cannon-bays etc. had to be sacrificed, so be it. But somehow I don't think that getting accurate shapes costs more so the options should have to go?

- As on the subject of plastic shrinkage: I remember that a whole lot of Hasegawa 1/48 aircraft were slightly smaller than the same subjects manufactured by Tamiya?... If the kit is slightly too small because of plastic shrinkage, wouldn't it be slightly too small in all aspects? Which means that the shape and relative measurements are intact, only that the kit is now 1:33 or 1:35 instead of 1:32. I don't think you'll notice it when looking at the kit. It's only a bit of a challenge to the aftermarket-guys, they can't measure their articles on drawings or such, but need the actual kit to measure for decals, resin etc.

Trying out my new browser I just have a look at Mr Song's album seeing these close up photo's of the front wheel bay.

Here the link to the Photo bucked Album.

Johan

And if you look at the rest of the albums, you'll see a Blackburn Buccaneer, a Typhoon, the Sturmovik, and an A-3 Skywarrior??????????? The album's empty, but could this be a sign of kits to come......?

• 2 months later...

Hi every one I just opent the box and I can only say unbelievable detail I see I cant post any pic's because the new forum rules.

Maybe some one can post some pic's

Have to look for a free hosting site to post Photo's I hate potho bucket specialy becose old topic's just get to be a empty shell.

johan

a>

I was having the same trouble.

The advice I got was go to

actions(right beside favorites) on the flickr page

Left click, then Right click on the image and use

"copy Image location"

Come back here and post using the insert image.

these are your shots, and I didn't want to post them without your knowledge.

5157506857_7f5f9f1418_b.jpg