Revell Hurricane

Patrick

Could I have opinions on this, please? Kit #00018 I believe.

Mainly interested in (assuming this to be a 20+ year old re-box) whether the shape is seriously flawed or horribly wrong. Is this kit worth investing time and money in?

Many thanks in advance, Patrick

whether the shape is seriously flawed or horribly wrong. Is this kit worth investing time and money in?

That link Alan posted is perfect becasue it shows 'exactly' what you would need to do to address any shape issues. Up to you then to decide if its something you'd enjoy the challenge of doing. Of course we're assuming you know that its a 're-release' of an old tool kit. I have a few left/partially built ( kids projects) of the MkIIc kits which is similar, obtained from Ebay at $5 US each.

Is it worth it? Depends on what you what to get out of it. If you try and do what Radu achieved I'm sure you'll finish your project a far better modeller and perhaps 'feeling' more satisfied/accomplished. if you got something 'shake n bake' which had a perfect shape and no 'glaring errors' and glued it together and had some fun then why not also.

Good luck building your kit.

Cheers Matty

Is it worth it? Depends on what you what to get out of it. If you try and do what Radu achieved I'm sure you'll finish your project a far better modeller and perhaps 'feeling' more satisfied/accomplished. if you got something 'shake n bake' which had a perfect shape and no 'glaring errors' and glued it together and had some fun then why not also.

Thanks for that, sir. I confess I am not hugely interested in the shake and bake variety (don't see the point, haven't got the money) but am equally not a particularly accomplished modeller, so am seeking something I don't have to saw in half and add a 4mm extension to :)

Hmm. Bash on in the quest for a partner aircraft for the (Matchbox) Emil I'd like to do for the Summer.

Thanks again,

Patrick

Hmm. Bash on in the quest for a partner aircraft for the (Matchbox) Emil I'd like to do for the Summer.

Thanks again,

Patrick

If you are talking Battle of Britain,then this is a good one...

spitfire_mk1_box_640x480.jpg

Doesn't have BoB markings !

If you are talking Battle of Britain,then this is a good one...

spitfire_mk1_box_640x480.jpg

Doesn't have BoB markings !

No doubt could have, quite easily :)

Yes, thanks for that - though I did a little bit of looking around and...there does seem to be a bit of a general run on Spits and Hurricanes right now. This must be good - could be a bit of a party thing happening!

Patrick

• 3 weeks later...

This site is good, isn't it? A very kind gentleman sorted me out offline with a Hurricane, then I read the build article on 'Dear Old G' (well I mean, it has to be done, doesn't it?), discovered Grey Matter, added Visa and cockpit and prop are now prettily sorted :speak_cool:

Thank you admin, posters and modellers (that's you, Mr B, lovely bit of mastery on the cockpit!)

Patrick

Could I have opinions on this, please? Kit #00018 I believe.

Mainly interested in (assuming this to be a 20+ year old re-box) whether the shape is seriously flawed or horribly wrong. Is this kit worth investing time and money in?

Many thanks in advance, Patrick

It’s pretty much like this. :speak_cool:

post-8159-1269383223.jpg

It’s pretty much like this. :speak_cool:

Thanks, sir :hmmm: I guess however I am already in the hole though - the very good Hiscock book on the Hurricane arrived yesterday and the postie just brought a bag of (quite awesomely pretty) remedial bits from Grey Matter.

A little later on in the year...

Patrick