Revell's "Clipped Wing Corsair"

GVINCENT

I am curious to know if Revell's "Clipped Wing Corsair" has pre-clipped wings or is it the standard Corsair kit and instructs the modeler how to clip the wings?

I see these now and again on ebay and the price seems to be reasonable but I never bid thinking that what if it's just the "regular" Corsair that needs surgery and that it's more of a collectors kit.

I hope that makes sense. If anyone knows, please let me know.

Thanks!

Gary V.

I am curious to know if Revell's "Clipped Wing Corsair" has pre-clipped wings or is it the standard Corsair kit and instructs the modeler how to clip the wings?

I see these now and again on ebay and the price seems to be reasonable but I never bid thinking that what if it's just the "regular" Corsair that needs surgery and that it's more of a collectors kit.

I hope that makes sense. If anyone knows, please let me know.

Thanks!

Gary V.

Hi Gary, AFAIK it's the original "conventional" Revell release, with different decals ofcourse and instructions on how and where to clip the wingtips.

It's not a big deal, and actually only the box itself could be a collectors item.

cheers,

Jack.

oh my.....then i must have been "had" when buying an "original" revell clipped corsair, because it came in a original box, but the kit itself was just the old issue.

I might have known seeing these unclipped wingtips....... :thumbsup:

anyhow, an easy adjustment... :mental: