AEG GIV in1/36 scale

Guest DOUGB

this is my 1/36 scale AEG GIV i made the fuselage molds out of balsa and then i vac u formed them . as you can see the model know has a floor and the fuel tanks and seat and bomb racks

RFROUNTJPEG.jpg

SIDEAEGJPEG.jpg

thank all for your posting! Cees i used sheet plastic and cut a small squair out of it , then i used a compass and drew the circles and used a hobby knife to cut the inter cricle out and scraped the edge of the circle to help round it. then cut the outside line out and sand it to round shape , and sand the square edege round. next take liquid glue like weld on and brush it on to the ring it moves the plactic around and smooths it and rounds it you will need to let it dry for some time because it will get soft on you after it hardens it will be smooth and round and you will thank it was molded

Doug

next to the unpainted wheel is my instrument panel. here is the finished ! each gage is made out of brass and i made a little decal for the dials faces and add a clear plastic face just inside the edge of the housing and and cut the decal and stuck the decal and it's paper inside the back and pushed it in and left a little space between the dials glass and the interments face i normal put a indicate needle in it but the decal was made out or photos of the real thing and the art work as made at 600 dpi so it printed well. then i cut holes out for the interment and glued them in ,the fuel selector levers were made out of very fine solder their a little out of scale in length. starting mag and multi engine keys were made ... i have 2 photos of the AEGS interments panel one from Canada and the rest unknown 2 were painted and the other was varnished wood. the starting mag is not in the Canada AEG and the other 2 were in deffrant places on the the pilots left

Doug

panal2.jpg

this is the throttles levers and the water pump greeser lever { i think}

throttlesjpeg.jpg

and the radator levers and painted greeser lever

radshuttersjpeg.jpg

and the wooble pump flair rack and crank for the rear gunners clear window

wobblepumpjpeg.jpg

Those are some very well done fiddly bits. My hats off to you. I find my fingers too fat to do that sort work very well but I'm trying. I am back to working on my Dornier Wal, and am bodging together a cockpit for it. I've just started the control wheels, used a bit if picture wire turned around a mandrel and cut to size. Now I'm working on the control column and wheel spokes. Also trying to figure out a way of making adjustable rudder pedals as my pilots are of different sizes. Since there is very little photographic evidence of the early Wals I figure I have free license to bodge something togehter that looks 20s vintage.

Sabre

thank all for your post and coments..1/36 scale well it was a mater of money at the time. the first plans were for MAP plans and most were in 1/36 scale i wanted 1/32 scale but it would cost 20 or more dollars to inlarge it, so i made my first model in 1/36 scale and loved it, not to small and not to big! any way there was no WWI decals in any large scale then so i was forced to make every thing my self and i just stuck to the scale !

i am sorry for the poor photos i have a bad camara. cockpit photo and the copilot fold out seat and the rear frame work behind the rear gunner pit and the lozenge decal for the inside of the gunners tunnal

PICT0003.jpg

seatjpeg.jpg

framandstuffjpeg.jpg