BF-110 G-4

ruzlkampf

Last update pic for the night. A little bit lower to show how the oil coolers look, and some of those cooling scoops around the spark plugs 'n such. Now that my airbrush is functional again, AND there's a weekend coming up.....it's time to start slamming on this again. I'm warming up on the SR-71 again and must get this finished! More pics as things progress. Later! Russ

post-4413-1265378342.jpg

Thanks for following along guys! :speak_cool: I need to quit blithering around on this build and get it done! Played around with a new airbrush today, but before I did that I managed to get the rear canopy vacuformed. It was starting to bug me not having the proper shape for my test-fits. I used the kit canopy after building it up a bit to the shape I was looking for. Was almost impossible to photo cuz, well.....it's clear so I put some tape on it for frames. These frames are approximate because the tape wouldn't bend to the correct 'swoop' shape towards the rear. Close enough to give ya'll the general idea though. On with the pics! Here's the first attempt, and the 'master plug' to show what I started with. The rear canopy has a small 'bubble' over the gunner, so I was sure to include it.

post-4413-1265534305.jpg

Phhhhhttt,,...OK, enough of that. Time to put the pit in and drill out for the shrage-muzik' and see how it looks. Oh yes, this has possibilities. This was my 'test-fit' canopy to see how close my plug was, and to practice drilling holes.

post-4413-1265534736.jpg

Next step is to scratch out some mg81z"s and an ammo box for the rear gunner. I want the cockpit and pilots to be painted with the fuse zipped up by the end of this weekend. The only things left to build up are the tail wheel and radar. Wings and tail are ready to go. Things should start going together much more quickly now? :speak_cool: :blush: More pics as things progress, Russ

post-4413-1265535311.jpg

Russ

Great stuff! You've captured the bulges on the engine fairings really nicely (i.e. can't really see the edges of them) and also the canopy looks great - again the little dome in the canopy is excellent - as hard to capture on your model as it was on the real thing.

Matt

Smooth work Russ, you've made this mule into a thoroughbred for sure. All the tweaks and mods really capture the more sophisticated "G" look. The 110 always "looked" like it coulda been a contender as a large fighter with all the hard, straight lines and angular cuts but I think it took the He-219 to finally achieve what the Mess-o'schmitt team was hoping for. I'm looking forward to seeing your Zerstoyer all dressed for battle.

Whup-dee-doooo, I got distracted for a couple of days.....yet again! Thanks for following along everybody, and the very kind words. I ended up revamping the rear cockpit piece because the 'bubble' on top was slightly too far forward. I actually got this thing pre-shaded today, and realized I'm a bit behind on my updates. I never showed any pics of the cockpit before I installed it! Blast! Here's what's been scattering my attention lately; couldn't resist enlarging some plans of this thing.....and it was all downhill from there. :shrug: Swoopy little thing, and it's been smiling at me like a pretty girl. Been trying not to listen to the mermaids song, but I've been bashing myself onto the rocks and wasting a lot of time over this shape lately.

post-4413-1265803222.jpg

post-4413-1265803242.jpg

But I digress; Let's see....where wuz I? Aaaah yes, posting pics of the cockpit before zipping the fuse up. Hmmmm, lemmee start with the instrument panel and the blind approach instruments afixed to the top of the canopy framing for the radar operator to help the pilot out. None of this is very visible once it's installed, so I didn't go crazy with scale fidelity. heh heh.

post-4413-1265803691.jpg