New 1/32 Resin Line & Me262A-1a/U4!

Scott Negron

I have the pleasure to announce that TMD will soon be releasing resin aircraft accessories! For those of you unfamiliar with TMD (www.tigermodels.com), we produce highly detailed resin armor accessories, down to scale thickness sheet metal (thinner than any other resin manufacturer to date). The highest level of detail and research goes into every master.

So what aircraft accessories will we be releasing…….(planned)

1/32 Me262A-1a/U4 (50mm cannon nose conversion with turned brass Mk. 214A Mauser)

1/32 Bf109F-K scale-thickness exhausts

1/32 BF109 F-K Control Surfaces

1/32 Bf109 F-K Corrected Spinner (multi-piece)

We should be posting pics of the masters for some of these in the next month or two. Hopefully the 262 conversion will be out in time for Santa! A 1/48 line will also follow. We’ll also be doing some 1/32 F-4 Phantom conversions, as well as other WWI through modern allied and axis subjects. Stay tuned!

• 6 months later...

Yes and no. TMD has gone through a reorganization of sorts. Joe, the man behind the name, decided to scale down and basically start over. He passed most of the old TMD armor stuff to his brother and is going to rework and master some new stuff, offering fewer items and at a slower rate in an effort to keep it a little more fun for him. He did mention a desire to do aircraft as well as AFV stuff so I assume the 262 conversion is still on the table, just delayed. He has spent the last several months taking care of order backlog.

Guest canuck63
Great to hear... I really like it when the guys are more open to us. Better than the "big boys" that you can't talk to.

I like it too but I'd rather see people put their mouths where their money is!Words and promises are worth zip..we complain all the time about this or that kit being announced and never released...what's good for the goose should be good for the gander in this case!

Cheers

Manny

Hello again;)!

Sorry for the delay, Joe is finished restructuring TMD and the new website should be up any time now. Joe has already prepared molds for another product (a WWI item in 1/32).

As far as the Me262A-1a/U4 conversion, I should be sending him the final masters next week. Sometimes we take a little longer getting things out because we're a small shop and are very particular about level of detail and accuracy. Needless to say, the kannonenvogel doesn't exactly have a ton of info available and there are no survivors. I do have 1/32 drawings from Arthur bentley that were never published but are excellent to say the least!

The set will consist of the following......

Brass lathe turned barrel (made to the Bentley drawings)!

Complete nose and upper cowling with the correct profile

Lower nose panels with a correct ejection chute for the spent cartridges (which I must say has to be the biggest I've ever seen)!

Complete nose wheelbay

Corrected super-detailed nose gear

TWO sets of nose gear doors for both prototype's produced

Accurate panel lines and rivet detail

Good instructions and technical article/history

What I'm not sure of is if we will be able to get decals produced in time. If not, they may be released later.

I'll post another update in the next couple of weeks, and hopefully some pics.

Best regards,

Scott

Did he say Me262A-1a/U4, is somebody singing Jingle Bells?

great news Scott

that will be an awesome looking bird in 1/32!!

a suggestion / request for other bits:

- the Krebs Gerat rocket as used on some Fw190 Rammjagger - the rearward-firing 21cm mortar beneath its fuselage

if you need references there are 15 pages covering Krebs-Gerät Fw 190s in:

Focke Wulf

Jagdflugzeug

Fw 190 A - Fw 190 "Dora" - Ta 152 H

Peter Rodeike

Struve Druck, 1998 (?)

ISBN 3-923-457-44-8

there is a decent pic at the bottom of this link:

http://rafiger.de/Homepage/FBMuseum/Info-J...12-JG3-Udet.htm

- also the 21cm rocket in "regular" underwing / forward firing form

at present no-one does either of these in 1/32

what do you think?

Nick

Great suggestion! I have a lot of reference on it too. I know Joe is planning on doing a bunch of 190 stuff in 1/48. I've always wanted to do a riveted wing and fuselage update. I know I only want to do all those rivets once!

great news Scott

that will be an awesome looking bird in 1/32!!

a suggestion / request for other bits:

- the Krebs Gerat rocket as used on some Fw190 Rammjagger - the rearward-firing 21cm mortar beneath its fuselage

if you need references there are 15 pages covering Krebs-Gerät Fw 190s in:

Focke Wulf

Jagdflugzeug

Fw 190 A - Fw 190 "Dora" - Ta 152 H

Peter Rodeike

Struve Druck, 1998 (?)

ISBN 3-923-457-44-8

there is a decent pic at the bottom of this link:

http://rafiger.de/Homepage/FBMuseum/Info-J...12-JG3-Udet.htm

- also the 21cm rocket in "regular" underwing / forward firing form

at present no-one does either of these in 1/32

what do you think?

Nick

Scott,

It would appear i am not the only one interested in the 21cm rocket...

It was discussed here on LSP only 4 or 5 days ago:

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.ph...mp;#entry264841

Basically there is a nice projectile in brass out there but that is pretty much it - no accurate tube, and nothing regarding the attachment to wing / fuselage...shame as they make very cool looking birds

Cheers

nick

• 2 months later...

I wanted to give a quick update on the Me262A-1a/U4 conversion….

The nose/cowl pieces are currently under rubber to cast a few “prototype” pieces. These will be used as final masters (I need to scribe the panel lines and add the small latches and rivet details).

The gear bay is finished, as well as both sets of gear doors (different between the 2 prototypes). The nose gear leg is finished, as well as the hydraulic cylinder.

I’m finishing up the mechanism’s that closed the 3 gear doors when the leg retracted, which are very intricate and have never been done in any scale.

Lathe turned 50mm barrels have been made.

I hope to finish everything in the next 2-3 weeks. They will then be released as soon as instructions and production molds are finished (hopefully end of September to beginning of October).

I’ll post pics once the final masters are completed.

Sorry for the delay, Joe has a smaller staff now and has been busy with the FLAK FMAO conversion.

There will be other 1/32 scale items coming out through the rest of the year.

Best regards,

Scott Negron