Trumpeter Bf 109 E-3

jeroenpeters

This to say, as a former marketeer, and although as a trainee at Revell GB some 30 years ago I could see the Spits and Bf-109s were the best selling items of that time, that some times it is good, even for mass-producers, to go for market segments which are apparently not the widest, and trails that do not look like a L.A. motorway...

Point taken. Must have been great to work ar Revell in the glory years when kids didn't dream of computer games, but plastic models.

Let's just look at it this way then:

Trumpeter generates the money it needs to produce less popular subjects with popular subjects like the 109.

Personally, I don't understand people making comments of "not another X"? Why begrudge those who may have been waiting for that particular kit, jut because the manufacturer has not made a kit of whatever your personal favorite might be? If the kit is not for you, then fine, but why clutter up threads with useless comments complaining that the kit is being released?

That said, having built an Eduard E1 (ready for paint now), it looks great, but was not an easy build, and if the new Trumpy kit goes together better and looks as good, I will certainly purchase their E3 (and perhaps an E4 if they do one as well).

Cheers,

Doug

Personally, I don't understand people making comments of "not another X"? Why begrudge those who may have been waiting for that particular kit, jut because the manufacturer has not made a kit of whatever your personal favorite might be? If the kit is not for you, then fine, but why clutter up threads with useless comments complaining that the kit is being released?

Agreed.

And moreover:

Looking at previous Trumpeter releases I think it's safe to assume that this new kit will include gunbays, full engine, radio compartment and hopefully no transparant engine cover.

Trumpeter knows the competition and knows it has to surpass the previous 109 releases.

Hence the 275 parts!

Tamiya includes rubber brakelines in their new Spit. What's next? Working telescopic suspension??

LOL MBB.... :) P61

275 parts seems a lot. As a kid I always chose larger kits becasue of the bigger parts count. Nuthins changed. ;)

The more kits, the more choice, zee lower da price will eventually be.

Remember the motorcyclists mantra...more power is always better. More LSP's are also always better.

:P ;) Do I need all those Hasegawa E models now?

Hmmm..

eh? so a widow is not feminine?

better i stick to english!

PS how come there is a "fast reply" on some forums but not for me here?

am i doing something?

Hi Nick,

What post are you refering to? I replied to your very sharp observation on the Galland telescopic sight. :P

Regards,

Jeroen

Hi Nick,

What post are you refering to? I replied to your very sharp observation on the Galland telescopic sight. :P

Regards,

Jeroen

Jeroen, Nick is referring to the fact that some forums have a button labelled "Fast Reply", which will expose a reply window at the bottom of the post without needing to go to another "posting" page. As to how come we don't have one here...no idea.

Kev

Jeroen, Nick is referring to the fact that some forums have a button labelled "Fast Reply", which will expose a reply window at the bottom of the post without needing to go to another "posting" page. As to how come we don't have one here...no idea.

Kev

Ah Thanks.

Never noticed that button before. But I guess it works just like the Quick edit button.

Kev

indeed i was

i will ask the Mods about it...

indeed i was

i will ask the Mods about it...

Erm, that would be me...but the answer hasn't changed...no idea why.

Actually, this sort of stuff is a feature of the forum software, so it's possible that the forum software we use at LSP doesn't have that feature, whereas others do. It's also possible that it's there but not enabled.

Kev