Trumpeter A-7E corsair, VA-46 Clansmen

blackbetty

it will take some more of the base colour to blend it all together

since i want to use the salt weathering technique, i have to coat the whole thing in future, also for decalling. i wll try to spray the future (another first) to get an even coat. up until now i used a brush to apply it only to the areas under the decals. so lots of chances to ruin the finish :piliot:

post-2020-1258981791.jpg

the (zacto) vac canopy will nee a bit of tweaking to fit, the (resin) frame has been monted

i am still not sure if the windshield of the A-7 is tinted. seems to have a little bit of bueish shine one some pics. maybe barry knows the answer :speak_cool: ?

post-2020-1259315501.jpg

the (zacto) vac canopy will nee a bit of tweaking to fit, the (resin) frame has been monted

i am still not sure if the windshield of the A-7 is tinted. seems to have a little bit of bueish shine one some pics. maybe barry knows the answer :speak_cool: ?

Center piece of windscreen was "bullet resistent glass" which causes it to have a green tint.

Barry

thanx russ. what have you been up to vdub wise? i have been doing this: replacing the front end on my baywindow bus :P

Egads!;,....yet another California VW gone back to 'The Fatherland'? :doh: (I see the plates in the window. ;) ) So how many of them thar things you got now?!!! Whah hah, I got ya beat on the amount of metal you can actually cut off a bus and still not have it fold in half. My latest acquisition is a super-duper cool plasma-cutter for cutting body panels and heater channels and such. It's like having a Star Wars light saber for cutting metal. That's some excellent metal-work you got going on there! I'm now down to 32 (from 37) pre-1966 VWs at my shop, and this weekend I was cutting off the lower 6 inches(uhhh 150mm's?) off 'Crazy Adams' '62 kombie. Floorboards and all. He's going to make it into an ice cream truck for serving out the side doors at the beach this coming summer. :speak_cool: I really like keeping em stock, but this bus was shredded and 'swiss cheezed' from the beginning. Can't tell from the angle, but is that a transporter or camper? That's going to be a hoot to drive around when ya get it completed! B) Niiiiice.

Excellent cockpit work! You're really flying on this build, eh?! I've decided to drop jets for a bit, and come back over to the group-builds and have some REAL fun for awhile. That low-viz scheme is really looking hot. Those are soooo cool looking, but I've never pulled one of those off. I have a hard time being 'subtle' with painting. heh heh. :)

Anywho, just dropping in to say howdy, and tell you that I'm digging this build a lot! Can't wait to see the next updates! Later, Russ

well at the moment i got 5 (56rag, 61 panel, 62 ghia, 68 ghia vert and the bay)

its a nine seater, completely stock and a local (lotsa rust). the plate is the one from the vert

got myself a cool tool too... a spotwelder :speak_cool: no more mig welding if it aint necessary

the panel is one of the roughest still-savable cars (at least for me - they dont grow on trees even over here anymore, ya know) i have ever seen

post-2020-1259580692.jpg