Trumpeter A-7E corsair, VA-46 Clansmen

blackbetty

Karl,

This is a guy on ARC that has perfected the salt technique for weathering. I will try to find one of his threads for you.

Persistence and patience do pay off and I applaud your efforts!

Rocky

• 2 weeks later...

thanx guys and rocky - i know the article on arc

when trying to make a deadline in tend to go into the opposite direction by doing some detailing i am not happy with and having to do it over again

good example is the left sidewinder rail. since it will be empty (contrary to the right one) i tried to detail it and give it some depth, but had to do it again: strips of sheet added on the outside that will be sanded to shape. the shape isnt that good (ok its horrible) to begin with

post-2020-1261057373.jpg

not too happy with the walleye

i ended up taking the fins off and painting the body without them

the future yellowed the white :notworking:

thinking about hanging some TERs with CBUs from the strike eagle kit on the outer pylons instead (these come fro ma white plastic sprue :BANGHEAD2: )

i think i will go back to enamels for the white and forget the water based paints

post-2020-1261141244.jpg

Whoohoo! Go Karl go! Can't wait to see how this technique works out for ya. I really like the low-viz schemes, but completely suck on getting them to come out the way I want.( I like em REAL patchy looking. :lol: ) Bring this one on home BB, waiting with bated breath to see how it's going to turn out! :innocent: later, Russ

barry, i really didnt know how this would turn out, i just wanted to give it a try. i have seen some builds on ARC that had quite a nice weathered look to it using this method

russ, its just a jump and miss for me, hope i can achieve the look

thanx for the encouragement richter!

the next try of the method is seen here on the aux tank, i used less water and salt, some thinned tamiya smoke and came up with this:

post-2020-1261399980.jpg