Trumpeter A-7E corsair, VA-46 Clansmen

blackbetty

some more fiddling with the canopy

i decided to paint the inside of the windshield with a light grenn/future mix, we will see how that turned out after demasking

then i glued the vac part to the fuselage using "repair extreme" that stuff doesnt fog the clearpart and has limited gapfilling capability, you can also take your time positioning the part

the seam will have to be filled up and cleaned

post-2020-1259666435.jpg

thanx rocky

i have not given up on this build, but i have been running into problems that will maybe keep me from making the deadline

not mounting the canopy at an earlier stage had wasnt a good idea. i had to putty and sand the joint between canopy and fuselage numerous times by now

i first used mr.dissolved putty

post-2020-1260183138.jpg

mr surfacer followed, then a lot of coats of carprimer

the material of the canopy is quite differnt to the plastic of the kit, so sanding is not easy - they sand down differently

having the sensors in the way didnt help either (what was i thinking mounting them before?)

post-2020-1260183327.jpg

....and i tried the salt weathering technique on the rear stabs

this wont do, but i will try again

i learned a few things:

1) you have to use a little dishwashing fluid to break the surface tension of the water or it will not moist the surface of the future, but just puddle up (clearly seen in the pic)

2) use tamiya smoke sparingly, it shows the effect only after drying. my coat was too heavy

3) i wont get away with the smoke colour alone, i will have to salt and respray with FS 36375 too

post-2020-1260183828.jpg

since i hadnt found out i had to scratch the brakes, i had to reroute the brakelines :bow: (again-what was i thinking?)

these are not not painted yet, but at least the aircraft looks stoppable now

still trying to make the deadline

later

karl

post-2020-1260184214.jpg