Sign in to follow this  
gunpowder

Hasegawa 1/32 P-47D Thunderbolt

Its freehand and actually fairly easy to do.

Please tell us what paint (brand) and thinner you used, ratios, pressure, etc. Love that paint job.

Colours used were xtracrylics dark sea grey , medium sea grey and vallejo model air pale blue grey underneath. All thinned with.......wait for it..........tap water!

Hey chum.Is it my old eyes ,or the pic. ,but is that t0p wing star and bar very slightly cockeyed?

It is a very nice build,love the'pit.....Ernie

Colours used were xtracrylics dark sea grey , medium sea grey and vallejo model air pale blue grey underneath. All thinned with.......wait for it..........tap water!

You should bottle that tap water into leftoever tins, mark it up 3000% and sell it as the perfect AB thinner :(

Well this model has sat around long enough. Its time it was finished i think. I did my favourite part today. The matt varnish. I used xtracrylics matt thinned with tap water. It worked great. I cant wait to do a bit of weathering on it.

DSC04701.jpg

DSC04702.jpg

The red in the artwork should have been the same colour as the cowl , unforunately it isnt.

DSC04703.jpg

Panel lines came out OK

DSC04705.jpg

Undercarriage next...

Looking good! 56th FG birds have long been a favorite of mine.

John

Thanks guys.

U/C is fitted and is very strong. I still need to ad the upper doors. I was toying with the idea of Mastercaster wheels , but i think i will stick with the kit ones for now. Maybe i will get better wheels later.

DSC04722.jpg

The engine is beautiful. Its the quickboost one and the cooling fin detail is amazing. The only down side is no pushrods. I cut the kit ones up and used them. Very time consuming. I still need to add the magnetos and ignition wires yet.

DSC04721.jpg

OK nearly done now. Im really pleased with it. The Hasegawa kit is a beautiful one and easy to build. Just need to add the gunsight , tweek the yellow prop tips , and paint the gun barrels.

DSC04762.jpg

DSC04763.jpg

DSC04767.jpg

Gotta love those Eduard prepainted belts.

DSC04764.jpg

The oil streaks were fun. Dap a small amount of thinned paint on , then blow it with a drinking straw!

DSC04768.jpg