Hasegawa 1/32 P-47D Thunderbolt

gunpowder

Having built models as commissions for the last 5 years , its nice to return to the hobby as a hobby only. I had a total clear out and now i only own 6 models , with only 2 on the go. This is the second one. Its Hasegawas 1/32 P-47D kit. It will be OOB apart from Quickboost engine and Eduards Harnesses , oh and Techmod decals!

Heres the cockpit so far. Still needs the throttle quadrant adding.

DSC04163.jpg

DSC04164.jpg

DSC04165.jpg

Honest answer is , im not bothered. All of my models will now be built for fun , so unless theres something drastically wrong with it , it will stay as it is!

I know it sounds a bit odd to not really care , but after 5 years of stalled projects and building for others , im now building for me as a fun hobby and mostly OOB.

Cheers guys

Honest answer is , im not bothered. All of my models will now be built for fun , so unless theres something drastically wrong with it , it will stay as it is!

I know it sounds a bit odd to not really care , but after 5 years of stalled projects and building for others , im now building for me as a fun hobby and mostly OOB.

Cheers guys

Cockpit looks lovely, and what a refreshing attitude. I expect your going to enjoy your modelling more now than at any point in the last 5 years :unsure:

Did you see the cowlng "fix" in the other Hasegawa build (Eileen) thats running at the moment? Its a good one :P

For those who asked, Curtiss only built the G model, and these were all Razorbacks.

Looking forward to seeing this come together!

Nige

P-47 SIG

http://p47.kitmaker.net/

Cockpit looks lovely, and what a refreshing attitude. I expect your going to enjoy your modelling more now than at any point in the last 5 years ;)

Did you see the cowlng "fix" in the other Hasegawa build (Eileen) thats running at the moment? Its a good one :)

For those who asked, Curtiss only built the G model, and these were all Razorbacks.

Looking forward to seeing this come together!

Nige

P-47 SIG

http://p47.kitmaker.net/

I don't recommend using the cowl fix from Eileen as the engine will sit too high in the cowl or might not fit at all within it. It might not make a huge difference but in order to keep the engine/cowl symmetry correct, the engine plug on the fuselage must be lowered instead of just enlarging the hole in the cowl flap part.

Tim

Quickboost engine = very nice !

Are you going to rivet it ? i am at that point - and a little past it , but you can make these things go away, i have decided a very very light treatment to be right for scale, are you going for a purple penguie or dark blue or black ?

So many questions - sorry i just love the p-47

Ads