Trumpeter 1/32 Lightning F.6

gunpowder

Got this from Hannants on Friday. Great looking kit. The gun barrel troughs wre just naff indents , so i drilled them out and added plastic tubing. Then the ends were cut and sanded smooth. The front of the gunpack was also sanded to make it a little flatter as i feel it was a bit too curved. I also drilled out the vent holes. Still needs some work yet.

DSC04121.jpg

DSC04120.jpg

DSC04122.jpg

DSC04118.jpg

Taped it all together. Looks good to me.

DSC04119.jpg

looks okay to me, and when compared to the Echelon issue (which by many is considered better than the Trump version) you did a perfect job correcting the front end of the "bulge" .....

Have a look at the picture enclosed.....

J :huh:

post-16-1252862437.jpg

It was pointed out to me that the strakes were a little off , so i decided to alter them. I had a photos of a flightpath strake. I got it on screen to the same size as the part , the chopped the trailing edge and added to the leading edge. Much better!

DSC04153.jpg

DSC04152.jpg

I also moved the leading edge up the tank a little

DSC04156.jpg

Coaming all done. Fuselage is joined now and the gunpack fitted to the tank too. My main concern with this kit was the odd leading edge "kink". When i first looked at it in the box it appeared to be abscent. After assembling the wing , it is there albeit a bit vague. I think with some careful sanding it will become a bit more apparent.

DSC04167.jpg

Wings are on.....again. I have made a huge amount of work for myself by sanding that leading edge kink into the wing the wrong way round ;) . I put the kit aside before i lost my temper and went back to the P-47. The leading edges are now back to how they should be , hence the filler and plasticard you can see. The filler on the wing/fuselage joint is really my own fault too after i pulled the wings off. Oh well im happier now so back on with the build.

The only other problem now is shortening the main UC legs to get the model to sit right. I thing Trumpeter got this totally wrong with both Lightnings. They just sit too high.

DSC04176.jpg

DSC04177.jpg

Heres an idea of what i cocked up

Heres how i originally sanded it

DSC04178.jpg

An heres how it is now.

DSC04179.jpg

Honestly . what a dunce!

Thank you

Next i want get the undercarrage right before going on. As i said it sits too high on its original legs. Heres a photo

DSC04182.jpg

I used the plastic legs to experiment with first. I cut a section out and reground the peg

DSC04183.jpg

The results are much better. Looks "heavier"

DSC04181.jpg