Airfix 1/24th Mustang

Ironwing

This is the door from the Trump kit. It has a remarkably good fit but its a tad short front to back. It fit the well aperture which are dimensioned off the Neely drawings. Seems they'll be a good strating point when it comes time to make the doors. Ive also started installing the longerons

post-1406-1278451239.jpg

Gun camera aperutre comparison. The upper is the kit original. The square opening is found only on later build Mustangs. Models from the D-5 thru D-15 production should have a round camera aperture. The new aperture was formed by installing a piece of tube stock into the original opening and will be sanded into shape later.

post-1406-1278454968.jpg

Gun barrel opening also eed reshaping. They are opened (diameter) in prpepartion for new sperical fairings which have yet to be made.

That about does it for this update. I know it took a long time. Hopefully, my ambition will remain suffient to post more fequently...and its only going to get harder from this point on ;)

Hope everyone is well, and holding up under the summer heat...

Best,

Geoff

post-1406-1278455169.jpg

Not much I can say about this. I will say that it takes an awful amount of time to fit, fit,fit and refit. The Airfix kit is truely showing itself to be a challenge, or the things Ive chosen to do to it are proving to be a challenge. Next job is to finish putting in the longerons, then build the dwetails for the retract mechinism and add the piping. Gear doors will come after that and will prove to be the biggest challenge thus far. The remaining details in the wells, at a minimum, are miriad and will also take a bunch of time to make and install. Hang in there, this is gonna take some time...

post-1406-1278542381.jpg

Fantastic attention to detail Geoff! Great work.

Thanks Chris,

When do we get to see those Mustangs youre building? Im looking forward to seeing what magic you come up with.

Best,

Geoff

With ChrisS here :evil_laugh:

Thanks Marek,

Lets see more of that big cat youve been working on.

Cheers,

Geoff

Geoff,

Words fail me man. Wish I could find that mojo again,

J

JR,

Its there man...did you look under the couch? :beer: . Itll come, be patient, just take a break. As always, good to hear from you.

Best,

Geoff

Looks Great.....I do like that look....

Texas :clap2:

Thanks Tex,

Glad you like...stay tuned, there's more to come.

Geoff

Good to see you back at it Geoff. Stunning as usual!

Fred

Hey Dude,

Always nice to see youve looked in. Hope all is well Bud...

Best,

Geoff