Mitsubishi J8M1

Thanks guys!!! :P Didn't think there'd be much interest in this conversion, hmmm guess I'd better dot my 'T's',...and cross my 'I's',...no wait a minute, that's not how it goes. :lol: Doooooh!!

Anyway, I had a lot of fun setting off my smoke detector and melting some sheet acetate, trying out my new home-built vacuform tonight. Man, what a gas! The gods of irony are rolling with laughter though, cuz even though I pulled it off on the 1st try....I messed up cutting the canopy out! Yippeee. ;) That's OK, I'll pull another one tomorrow. It's actually a 'cake-walk' doing a canopy.(kinda like riding a bike,...ya don't know how to explain how to do it, but once you've done it, ya never forget how.) OK, so my analogy sucks, I'm obviously a little confused tonight. heh heh.

But I digress; here is my canopy hot off the mold. Ta dah!

post-4413-1242815459.jpg

Didn't poke my eye out, or require band-aides. I'm so happy. :lol:

Moving on at a stately pace; Got a new camo going on/ got some brass barrels with styrene tubing ready for shaping into those funky looking muzzle-brakes/ and the new canopy afixed in place.(still want to do another as this one doesn't fit as tight as I want) :P

post-4413-1242815830.jpg

post-4413-1242815842.jpg

This will be the last pic before I post the final completed model. I'm tired of taking pictures of this darn thing! Let's see, this is Tuesday night....so I should have this done by Thursday night. Finish off the 262 night-fighter on Friday night,...then start on the P-51A this weekend. Whoohoo, sonds like a plan! ;) See ya'll in 2 nights with the final progress pics.

Later!, Russ

post-4413-1242816263.jpg

Yoo da man Russ, bring it on home!! My favorite part of modeling is completing a project on a good note. Your pace has inspired me. Since I have a long weekend I"m going to try and complete my N1K2-J by Monday night...we'll see.

Nice! It has taken me longer to get the tail on my TA-152 than for you to do this entire build. It looks great and I really like the shading on the green and that canopy is fantastic.

Now if you can just stop huffing those acetate fumes...

I'M DONE !!!!! :) Yep, I just plod methodically along 'mschoo'. Not trying to race anybody, or set some kind of record....I just get bored with some (most) builds at about the 2-week mark. Which coincidentially is today for this build! :huh:

Didn't get the frog on, it just didn't look right. Besides, after putting literally 6 sets of markings on this contraption before settling on these....I now call it "the turd-bird". But I digress; I pulled another canopy and got the 1/4 rear window glass in place, got the cannon barrels shaped by putting them in a dremel and sanding them like a lathe, and got a mild wash splashed over the top. I'm calling this good enough. Here's a pic of one of the prototypes.

post-4413-1242998282.jpg

And here's what this build morphed into. I'm just going to throw a bunch of walk-around pics out there in no particular order, so ya'll can check it out. :) Some pics better than others, but I think ya'll will get the general idea.

Here we go!

post-4413-1242998390.jpg

post-4413-1242998401.jpg