Ki-84 Type 4 "Frank"

DaveJ

I like it!!! :) Bwhahaha, you fooled me big-time Dave,....I was really surprised that you wiped the 'lake bottom mud' off?! :) I thought that was a pretty cool idea actually. Some bent prop blades....a few bullet-riddled pieces of glass....some algae dripping off different parts....with one landing gear leg hanging down and a crane lifting it up. What a cool idea for a diorama! :lol:

Looking mighty suhweeeet dude! Can't wait to see the finishing touches! Whahooo, he's sliding into home.....get outta the way!

That looks great Dave. Nicely weathered. I tried the Promodeller wash out on my P-47. Works cool but I have a question. Did you notice any discoloration in the paint where the wash was applied? It caused me some problems, nothing major but I was curious.

Very nice build!

Matt

That looks great Dave. Nicely weathered. I tried the Promodeller wash out on my P-47. Works cool but I have a question. Did you notice any discoloration in the paint where the wash was applied? It caused me some problems, nothing major but I was curious.

Very nice build!

Matt

Thanks, Matt!

I have had that happen once or twice. It was always in areas where the underlying finish either didn't have a gloss coat at all, or the gloss wasn't quite adequate. I think that if the paint has any real 'tooth' to it the wash can get in there, and then is really hard to get out. The reverse can be true also. In cases (like Frank here) where the gloss is really good it can be hard to get the stuff to stay where you want it! A few drops of dish soap helps in those cases.

Thanks, Chris! Really appreciate all the kind words, especially when it's crunch time!

Main gear bays got a wash. First time using Mig pigments, and boy are they nice! You can actually make out all the PE that got added to these bays now. :P

LGBwashOne.jpg

LGBwashTwo.jpg

I also used the pigments to add some oil streaking to the belly. Kinda like how that came out, too.

Getting there!

11:52PM, August 31st.

Finished!!!

Procrastinate? Me?!???

DFNone.jpg

DFNeight.jpg

DFNthree.jpg

DFNfour.jpg

DFNten.jpg

OK, there are one or two things I want to add or touch-up, but it really is finished. I do feel pretty good about my first ever model without a single decal! This one even has antennae wire, and I almost never add that. ( I always mean to though.. :) ) I'm probably going to try for some daylight pics tomorrow before I decide which to post in the gallery.

Thanks so much to all who have followed along! The support absolutely made the difference between getting it done and not. You guys are the best!